next 5 games, what do we win

3rivers

With this team, you never know, but Im it will probably be 2-3 or 3-2.  I wont be shocked if we win tomorrow and then have a chance to run away with the division but then lose our two "easiest" games vs the Jags and Bengals.     Tomlin has something against taking advantage of our divisional foes losing.   He likes to keep them around as long as possible.  Such a nice guy.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

With this team, you never know, but Im it will probably be 2-3 or 3-2.  I wont be shocked if we win tomorrow and then have a chance to run away with the division but then lose our two "easiest" games vs the Jags and Bengals.     Tomlin has something against taking advantage of our divisional foes losing.   He likes to keep them around as long as possible.  Such a nice guy.

not sure what is easy about the Jags, they appear on the way to be a winning team. The bungles though, well we know about them and how that should help us. Agree about the nice guy award, his signature IMO. 

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

not sure what is easy about the Jags, they appear on the way to be a winning team. The bungles though, well we know about them and how that should help us. Agree about the nice guy award, his signature IMO. 

I put easy in quotes because none of those games looks especially easy, just easier than others.  Its still a game we should win IMO.   I still dont think Bortles is good, and the game is in Pittsburgh.

Honestly?  Barring injuries, the next 6 games all look like easy wins except the Chiefs.  

Jaguars:  Their stats look good.  5th in offensive scoring (but they're 30th in passing and 18th in yards, 2nd in rushing yards).  7th in D scoring, 11th in yards, 1st in pass yards, 32nd in rush yards.  But look at who they played.  The Texans before their rookie QB started balling (top passer in that game was Bortles with 125 yards), the Titans, the Ravens and the Jets lol.  In other words, they've played no one, and they're still only 2-2.  

Chiefs look great from what I've heard.  Haven't seen them except highlights.  3rd offense which is more lacking in passing, and 11th defense for points, but they give up a lot of yards (26th total, 25th pass, 20th rush)

Bengals looked terrible in every game except against the Clowns.  Of course, the Clowns almost beat the Steelers, but I think the team is clicking more now that Bell is rolling again.  27th offense, 3rd defense.  But, they've played The Ravens, Browns, Texans in their rookie QB's first start, and Green Bay.  So only one decent offense.  

Lions I just watched play against the Vikings this weekend.  The Lions did not look very good.  They only scored 3 legit points on offense.  The other 11 were gift wrapped by the Vikings fumbling around the 20 and 30 yard lines pretty much back to back.  If the refs had called their DBs for blatant PIs, the Vikings would've blown them out IMO.  The same Vikings the Steelers beat up on.  Steelers better hope they don't get that same officiating crew....they were the worst I've seen.  

Colts are horrific aren't they?  Their only win was 3 points over the Clowns.  25th offense, 32nd defense (scoring).  

Titans are 9th in scoring but are like the Chiefs in that they are run-dominant.  Defensively, they're 30th.  29th in yards, 28th pass yards, 21st rush yards.  

So if the Steelers are finally going to start playing well as they appeared to be starting last week against the Ravens, they should be able to easily beat 5 of the 6, and no one is going to convince me the Chiefs are better without seeing it for myself.  Taking that a step further, if they're playing decent and healthy, the Steelers should easily win every game on the schedule except the Packers and maybe Patriots (lets face it, their D is terrible and not what it used to be, but Tomlin can't seem to beat them for whatever reason).  Disgusting they lost to the lowly Bears though, so who knows??  Unfortunately I'll be in Brussels so I'll miss that Chiefs game unless I can find it in a bar.  Before all of this national anthem BS, I never would've planned a trip in the middle of football season, but here we are. 

On 9/30/2017 at 11:56 AM, 3rivers said:

Look at who the Jags have played.  I spelled it out in my post.  They might come crashing back down to earth in a hurry once they play someone good.

Archived