Players opting out of the season

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Thank you god they're finally, FINALLY starting unions. It took a global pandemic but they're finally doing what they should have done years ago. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of crappy walk-ons and 7th year GS players derp their way around the field. 

I can't believe a coach is dumb enough to look at a situation where the school has no leverage, the kids have all of it, and then go "yep, power play, call the bluff immediately".

Dude it's free labor on a billion dollar industry. Are you even marginally good at being evil? Throw players a stipend and an armband, use the negotiations as a front to stick yourself in front of every TV in the country recruiting, and keep the money train going.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I can't believe a coach is dumb enough to look at a situation where the school has no leverage, the kids have all of it, and then go "yep, power play, call the bluff immediately".

Dude it's free labor on a billion dollar industry. Are you even marginally good at being evil? Throw players a stipend and an armband, use the negotiations as a front to stick yourself in front of every TV in the country recruiting, and keep the money train going.

The thing about CFB is that it's a microcosm of society at large. The actual competent incredibly evil people of the first generation gave way to their dip**** failure successors, who have at this point all given way to THEIR dip**** failure successors. Competence left the building ages ago.

I'm more amazed that players have finally registered a level of class awareness and solidarity. Like it took this of all things for them to finally go "hey guys, it occurs to me that if we all band together and agree not to play, they can't do anything and we hold all the power as laborers". Wild.

On 8/2/2020 at 8:29 PM, candyman93 said:

I wouldn’t lose sleep if college football was removed forever.

Time to end the exploitation of college athletes.

i agree on the first statement

but for me, its more like NFL can be saturday and sunday instead of thursday