Players opting out of the season

MikeT14

On 8/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, candyman93 said:

If you’re an NFL caliber player, why would you play college football this season? Jevon Holland is going to be a 1st round pick. Don’t play dude.

Unless they get leaped by guys that play this season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Whelp

Penn State is screwed.

I’m just waiting for Justin Fields to opt out any day now.

He wants to be QB1 off the board, and the only possible way that remotely happens, is if he plays the year.   If there is football, I don't see him not suiting up.

He has basically been on record stating that.  goes hand in hand with the whole competition mentality they (buckeyes) preach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, recent film is still very important, some guys will end up going later than expected trying to stand on one good season, plus they may not even test well. Dicey for some

lol what

They're all going to move to a pro training facility and work out full time, plus they won't get beat up from playing football. They're also better able to quarantine and aren't going to risk having to miss practice because a backup OG got COVID.

They're much more likely to test better.

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

He wants to be QB1 off the board, and the only possible way that remotely happens, is if he plays the year.   If there is football, I don't see him not suiting up.

He has basically been on record stating that.  goes hand in hand with the whole competition mentality they (buckeyes) preach.

I could actually see a scenario with Lawrence and Fields staying.

42 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I could actually see a scenario with Lawrence and Fields staying.

If Lawrence has another subpar year like last year and fields repeats what he did last year. He could def leap frog him for QB1

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Only one years worth of film. I don’t think he goes top5 now. 

tough deal for him. apparently his mom is an ER nurse so that shaped his thinking, but man, he would've had every opportunity to lock himself into a top 5 spot in a normal season.

Just now, -Hope- said:

tough deal for him. apparently his mom is an ER nurse so that shaped his thinking, but man, he would've had every opportunity to lock himself into a top 5 spot in a normal season.

yeah I dont blame anyone for opting out. If he had just a decent 2nd year, he would have been a top3 pick IMO. He has everything you want in a franchise DE but you just wish you could see him for more than one season. Could be the steal of the draft if he falls out of the top5

I want kids to get paid and I want kids that are guaranteed 1st rounders to declare and not play. I say the same with Fields and Wade.

However, I’m not sure if it’s a good idea for a guy like Rondale Moore to declare. He’s a beast, but he’s got 1 year of film and he was out all year last year.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I want kids to get paid and I want kids that are guaranteed 1st rounders to declare and not play. I say the same with Fields and Wade.

However, I’m not sure if it’s a good idea for a guy like Rondale Moore to declare. He’s a beast, but he’s got 1 year of film and he was out all year last year.

Fields has a year of film...

18 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

lol what

They're all going to move to a pro training facility and work out full time, plus they won't get beat up from playing football. They're also better able to quarantine and aren't going to risk having to miss practice because a backup OG got COVID.

They're much more likely to test better.

I'm speaking on the fringe guys, not the high end elite guys which are few, I disagree they they will automatically test well, some people are who they are regardless of how specific they train. Thats just me though