NFLN Top 100 Players of 2020

RandyMossIsBoss

Man, if Josh Allen really was the 12th best QB last year- we would've won the division and probably advanced to the AFC Championship game. I like that my QB is getting some love, but this is a bizarre list, for sure. I'd say he hoovers around the 20-15 mark.

Micah Hyde continues to be criminally underrated as well. 

Edited by WizeGuy

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Deshaun Watson outside of the top 10 is a crime against humanity.

Take positions out of it: Henry and Nelson were better players in his own division last year, some may argue Hopkins too. No surprise he doesn't make Top 10.

Ahead of him (removing the older 3 QB's): Lamar, RW, Donald, Mahomes, Thomas, Run CMC, Kittle, Hopkins, Gilmore, Henry, Jones, Wagner, Jones, Baby Bosa, Kelce, Mack.

You'd remove who maybe Wagner???, Kelce and Mack probably? However I'd argue Quenten Nelson andTJ Watt had comparable or better seasons.

Like if they weren't OL: the likes of Nelson (#29), Ramcyzk (#82) and Stanley (#74) should be in the top 30/40 of any ranking. Combined Zero sacks given up. Like 2 Penalties combined or something crazy low.

I don't think I've ever watched one of these lists, so was super surprised to see Lamar being given a trophy for being named #1 in the clip from this on Twitter.

Seems like a lot of money and effort to create a custom trophy for something that most people don't take seriously

1 hour ago, Magnifico said:

Take positions out of it: Henry and Nelson were better players in his own division last year, some may argue Hopkins too. No surprise he doesn't make Top 10

I'll give you Nelson, I'll give you Hopkins. I won't give you Henry. If you look at Henry's numbers from a seasonal perspective, they're very nice; but if you go from a game to game perspective, you'll see that Henry from weeks 1-9 is a different person than Henry from week 10 onwards (Week 3-6, Henry might not even be a top 50 player). Carries remained relatively the same, but yardage and YPC go up - and then you had a stat padding Week 17 against a Texans team that sat starters (32/211/3). I think Henry is a fantastic player, but if I'm being honest, 2nd half Henry is a top 10 player - 1st half Henry might be a top 20 player at best. That averages out to 15, give or take?

I'll choose consistency over 17 weeks over a tale of two seasons, if you will. Watson had some bad games, sure - but it wasn't as noticable over an entire season, it isn't as if Watson was a different player between bye weeks.

Ahead of him (removing the older 3 QB's): Lamar, RW, Donald, Mahomes, Thomas, Run CMC, Kittle, Hopkins, Gilmore, Henry, Jones, Wagner, Jones, Baby Bosa, Kelce, Mack.

I already went over Henry. Wagner would probably be lower. Mack wasn't his normal self this past season. Kelce is probably there too. 

Like if they weren't OL: the likes of Nelson (#29), Ramcyzk (#82) and Stanley (#74) should be in the top 30/40 of any ranking. Combined Zero sacks given up. Like 2 Penalties combined or something crazy low.

I think you mentioned it earlier, but if you took positional value out, you'd come to this conclusion. However, if you look at the actual top 20 of the list, positional value is blatantly factored into it. So, with context that the top 20 is weighted by positional value, Watson should be top 10 worthy.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I said yes we need to know the reason to think this list was a joke a put a guy who is a first year full time starter as the number one player on Twitter even though he didn't even win the Super Bowl

Aaron Donald was #1 last year, did not win a Super Bowl, nor was he the league MVP? Steeler fan? Hate much? LOL! 

Mahomes should be at the least #2. Ronnie Staley is ranked too low in my opinion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Silver said:

Aaron Donald was #1 last year, did not win a Super Bowl, nor was he the league MVP? Steeler fan? Hate much? LOL! 

Mahomes should be at the least #2. Ronnie Staley is ranked too low in my opinion.

an arguement can at least be made for AD as the leagues best player. Lamar Jackson isn't even the best player at his position let alone the best of the top 100 players in the league. Pat Mahomes should be #1. Jackson should be rop 10 for sure. 

truly bizarre representation for the titans across the board. jurrell casey and logan ryan (?!) getting their highest rankings after their worst seasons in years, tannehill as high as 68 (i didn't think he'd make it), aj brown being left off despite dk metcalf making it, and of course the insane snub of kevin byard. about the only thing right was derrick henry lol. i know the list is always wack but the combo of nobody paying attention to the titans + the titans finally actually making some noise this year seems to have resulted in some real goofiness.

• Like 1