NFLN Top 100 Players of 2020

RandyMossIsBoss

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:
17 hours ago, Kirill said:

Man this list takes me back to Iast season  when I got bullied left and right on here for saying Lamar was overrated and that the Chiefs were going to win the super bowl.

What about the time you said "F this team" to the Chiefs after they fell into the hole against Houston in the playoffs? :)

You mean this time?

On 1/12/2020 at 2:47 PM, Kirill said:

Boo them all. **** this team

Because I remember that time. 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This annual list is why it’s so amusing to me whenever I see NFL players clown PFF grades/rankings. 

Oh don’t worry, someday someone will get upset about the HOF, and say players should vote. Happens once a year. 

54 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Did you start following the NFL this offseason?

Well this was Parker's first thousand yard (or even 800+ yard) season despite being his fifth year in the league. If anything, someone who onky started following the league in 2019 would be more likely to rank him higher than those who have been watching for longer. 

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

Did you start following the NFL this offseason?

I just want to know who. It’s simply more productive to list who you’re alluding to, rather than just throwing out a blanket statement. 

Btw, I wasn’t even arguing against Parker. I’m well aware of Parker and his career; he was tied to my team arguably more than any other team when he was a prospect.

Edited by Duluther

49 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Well this was Parker's first thousand yard (or even 800+ yard) season despite being his fifth year in the league. If anything, someone who only started following the league in 2019 would be more likely to rank him higher than those who have been watching for longer. 

Miami appears to be in a better situation now, and he racked up 1200 yards despite having Rosen as a QB for few games. Had 100+ yards with Stephon Gilmore lined up against him in Week 17 in a game NE needed to win. Yet DK Metcalf somehow got ranked above him. Fitzgerald should probably not be on there anymore.

Edited by Tetsujin

On 7/30/2020 at 2:52 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

This. That's the only reason I watch it. Where most players are ranked is pretty bad.

How so?

Just because you or the media disagree doesn't make it bad.  To me the players list is always the most accurate because nobody knows how good someone is unless they are playing against them.

The only imperfection that comes from a players list is the fact everyone doesn't get to play everyone every year and the fact football is position specific.  If they forced WRs for example to just rank the best corners they played that year, we would get the most accurate list for who the top corners are.  Still somewhat imperfect but way better than anyone else telling us who the best are.

I love the player's list.  To me its the closest we can get to an accurate list of who the best players really are. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I can get behind moving Metcalf down. Anyone else?

Chris Godwin at #38 and Devante Adams being #57 need to be flipped. In no world is Chris Godwin 19 spots higher on a top 100 players list compared to Adams.

Kirk Cousins being #58 and Kyler Murrey at #90 when Matt Ryan being left off the list is wrong,  just wrong. 

Budda Baker being on this list and Justin Simmons being left off is wrong. Simmons played just as well, if not better, than both Earl Thomas/Tyrann Matheiu last year and they are ranked #39/#75 respectively.

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 7/30/2020 at 3:14 AM, Fullback said:

Any NFL player ranking that has Mahomes at #4 is a joke. You could argue Lamar had an excellent regular season while Mahomes was injured for the most part. Yet even when considering the injury, Mahomes should be no lower than #2.

On 7/30/2020 at 3:20 AM, kingseanjohn said:

Mahomes had 5k yards, 50TD, was MVP and was still #4 last year.

I’d say that the biggest snub is Mitchell Schwartz, who was left off the list. That man gets no respect. 

I think Mahomes rating is perfectly fine.  You gotta understand athletes think differently than fantasy football fans who just look at stats.  When teams go to play the Chiefs they fear Mahomes weapons just as much as they fear him.  Chiefs have Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, and Sammy Watkins.  That's arguably the best set if skill position players in the league.  Mahomes is definitely great but he also has a lot of help.  Conversely when the players play the Ravens its all about Lamar Jackson.  They fear him above all else.

Also you can't overlook the fact the Chiefs looked pretty good while Mahomes was injured.  They beat a really good Vikings team with Matt Moore as the starter.  Played a 13-3 Packers team competitively.  And held on to blow out the Broncos after Mahomes was hurt.  Mahomes benefits just as much from his supporting cast as they benefit from him.  Andy Reids system also plays a part.  QBs have a history of looking their best with him.  Michael Vick had his best year in 2010 with Andy Reid.  Donovan McNabb was a perenial MVP candidate in the early 2000s with Andy Reid.  Even Alex Smith went from a bust to pretty good Pro Bowl caliber QB once he started playing for Andy Reid.

Mahomes is a Hall of Fame talent who is being overrated right now by most (i.e. those who think he's the Michael Jordan of Football or well on his way) thanks to his excellent supporting cast and having a great offensive minded head coach.  Mahomes is perfectly rated by the players alongside Lamar and Russ.  He's in the conversation for the best QB in the NFL but its not as slam dunk of a case that he's #1.