2020 Roster Injury Tracker

DreamKid

I had him as a Late 1st-Early 2nd Round Talent and the best player in our draft class. The injury will probably lessen his early impact and may even hold him out of this game too, but I'm really excited to get him out there.

Moore's return is a big boost for our STs and Kick Coverage units in particular. Like Madubuike, he may still be held out of this one though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I had him as a Late 1st-Early 2nd Round Talent and the best player in our draft class. The injury will probably lessen his early impact and may even hold him out of this game too, but I'm really excited to get him out there.

Moore's return is a big boost for our STs and Kick Coverage units in particular. Like Madubuike, he may still be held out of this one though.

Absolutely. You were definitely the first on him this past draft season. His return should only keep our DL rotation more fresh. Even if he only sees a couple snaps in this game, hopefully we’re at least able to see some snaps out of him. Especially since he’s one of those players I trust can win 1on1 upfront. Which will be critical vs Mahomes. The more guys we can keep in coverage while still getting a great pass rush the better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

His return should only keep our DL rotation more fresh.

Yea this is key. I'm not expecting him to immediately go out there and dominate, but if he can play sound football and add even just a little in terms of interior rush- I'll be more than happy. Brandon Williams is having a strong year so far and getting him out of there on true passing downs will make him that much more effective/rested in situations where we really need his lane clogging/disrupting ability. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yea this is key. I'm not expecting him to immediately go out there and dominate, but if he can play sound football and add even just a little in terms of interior rush- I'll be more than happy. Brandon Williams is having a strong year so far and getting him out of there on true passing downs will make him that much more effective/rested in situations where we really need his lane clogging/disrupting ability. 

Absolutely. Imagine being an OL and having to deal with a boulder like Williams on running downs as he 2 gaps to the extreme and then on pass downs you’ve got to deal with one of the most athletic DTs to hit the NFL in the last decade, could certainly inspire nightmares. 

• Like 1

If he is healthy, I could see (would like to see) Madubuike get his chance as much as possible. I have focused a little bit on Justin Ellis and think he has been very underwhelming. He might be more sound in regard to playing his assignment, but he gets pushed around too much for how stout he should be, and he creates no rush whatsoever.

4 hours ago, Danand said:

If he is healthy, I could see (would like to see) Madubuike get his chance as much as possible. I have focused a little bit on Justin Ellis and think he has been very underwhelming. He might be more sound in regard to playing his assignment, but he gets pushed around too much for how stout he should be, and he creates no rush whatsoever.

I was surprised when they opted to bring him back this year over Domato Peko...from what I saw last year Peko seemed a bit more effective. Ellis is younger, but I was still surprised.

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I was surprised when they opted to bring him back this year over Domato Peko...from what I saw last year Peko seemed a bit more effective. Ellis is younger, but I was still surprised.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

Agree 100%

I know Peko was pretty up there in age, do we know if maybe he just didn’t want to return to play football this season, particularly in a COVID-19 type offseason?

55 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I know Peko was pretty up there in age, do we know if maybe he just didn’t want to return to play football this season, particularly in a COVID-19 type offseason?

He's “waiting for the right fit” and wants to play for a contender. Might've been asking for more than Ellis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

So are they saying Young might be back some time this season? He hasn't gone on IR yet? I only asked sine Zrebiec said he didn't see Tavon out there. Like he was surprised or something. I wouldn't imagine him being on the field since he's done. Maybe the film room, yeah, but the field?

This year you only need to be on IR for 3+ weeks and have unlimited ability to return, so there would really be no value in not IR'ing him even if this were the case.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...