The Comic-Con Experience

MrDrew

800px-San_Diego_Comic-Con_International_

For the 6th year in a row I’m on my way to Comic-Con International in San Diego. I know people are always curious about what it’s really like, so I figured I blog the experience here. I’ll be adding pictures and some video of a little bit of everything. I’ll drop big announcements on movies/shows in the Entertainment Forum. 

Please feel free to ask questions, and I’ll do my best to get to them. Tag me so I get the notification.

Today is Preview night. A limited number of tickets were available for tonight, and they go really fast. For most it’s an excuse to go shopping, but a few pilots are shown, and a new episode of Teen Titans Go!. We’ll start by checking in and getting our bags and lanyards. Then it’s a line to wait until the doors open. 

Even the hotels get in on the fun. This is the room key

vKLPZlt.jpg

1 minute ago, Gmen4ev said:

I'm extremely jealous. Our Cons out here seem lame in comparison to SD's.

Hopefully next year I can possibly arrange a trip to make it. If I can get tickets that is.

Let me know if you’re serious, and I’ll walk you through the process

Just now, MrDrew said:

Let me know if you’re serious, and I’ll walk you through the process

Semi-serious. I need to see how much cash I'll have once I get this new place. But ill hit you up for sure.

At 9:15pm there was already a few hundred people in line to get onto the show floor, which doesn’t open until 9am. Most are trying to get a ticket to get an autograph, or a ticket to be able to buy exclusives from the Funko booth. Exclusive Funko Pops are about the hardest thing to buy at the Con. 

I’ll be posting more pictures when I can get a good signal. There’s so many people in the convention center that you can have full bars, and absolutely no service

21 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

You there solo or what?

The group is my wife and an old friend from CA are with me. We catch up with a friend from CO off and on. You also begin to network and make line buddies. 

The convention center

P0jE3M9.jpg

The Amazon offsite thing for The Tick. There’s a lot going on outside the convention center. There’s one of these for Stranger Things, TWD, and Kong Island that i’ve seen. I’m sure there’s more too. 

f8QAfAk.jpg

A lot of hotels get ads for movies and shows. Even Petco Park gets into it

EFal0rk.jpg

g6efU0K.jpg

DsM3ldk.jpg

Tomorrow I’ll be getting in line around 7am to try and get an autograph ticket for a WWE signing for a friend. My wife will be going outside the convention center to the Game of Thrones interactive display. It will be a walkthrough of 3 of the kingdoms, and you get an exclusive Conan Funko Pop, where it’s him as the Night King. You may get a shirt too. There’s people camping on the sidewalk already to go through this place. It opens at 11am, my wife will get there around 7am, and will be pretty far back in the line. Hopefully we can get in, and I get the autograph ticket for later in the day.

Archived