Buccaneers sign RB LeSean McCoy (One year deal)

RaidersAreOne

They have a young RB group don't they? Probably good to bring in a Vet to set the standard, teach them film study, all that good stuff. I know hes old but I'm sure he can still have a couple nice games for them and be reliable in certain situations even if he isn't get many carries/receptions

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep

38 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

They have a young RB group don't they? Probably good to bring in a Vet to set the standard, teach them film study, all that good stuff. I know hes old but I'm sure he can still have a couple nice games for them and be reliable in certain situations even if he isn't get many carries/receptions

Reliable isn't McCoy's thing.  Unless you mean the heart attack you will get every time he's waving the ball around like fumbles isn't a thing. 

• Like 1

I like that the B/R alert I got was talking about the Bucs offense being "loaded" in conjunction with this signing. As if the addition of a likely past his prime Shady McCoy was truly the asset that put this offense over the top

• Like 3

1 hour ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Excellent. After adding Brady and McCoy (who is coming off a SB championship), should they make moves for Jimmy Graham and Demaryius Thomas?

I'd just go TO give Brady someone to talk to about 80s things.

Edited by Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd just go TO give Brady someone to talk to about 80s things.

Isn't Larry Legend older than TO? 

The issue would be getting the Cardinals to part with him. 2 first-round picks, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Tristan Wirfs, and Shaq Barrett should do the trick.

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Isn't Larry Legend older than TO? 

The issue would be getting the Cardinals to part with him. 2 first-round picks, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Tristan Wirfs, and Shaq Barrett should do the trick.

You're confusing the Buccs with Bill O'Brien.

Shady doesn't have anything left...except he is a decent receiver, pass protector, and has been in the league for a while. I still think that Ronald Jones is the #1 RB, and I think that this eats into Vaughn's first years contributions. Asking Vaughn to just jump in and protect Tom Brady without much of an offseason seemed like a stretch to begin with...and now he's on COVID protocol.

23 hours ago, Piquel said:

Reliable isn't McCoy's thing.  Unless you mean the heart attack you will get every time he's waving the ball around like fumbles isn't a thing. 

He does love to do that, but 25 fumbles in 11 years is pretty average for RBs who have got plenty of touches

Adrian Peterson: 14 Years with 48 Fumbles

Frank Gore: 15 Years with 46 Fumbles

Marshawn Lynch: 13 Years with 28 Fumbles

LT: 11 Years with 30 Fumbles

Fred Taylor: 13 Years with 27 Fumbles

Jerome Bettis: 13 Years with 41 Fumbles

Marshall Faulk: 12 Years with 36 Fumbles

Edgerrin James: 11 Years with 44 Fumbles

Cory Dillon: 10 Years with 28 Fumbles

I didn't look up every RB but just some that came to mind that I thought played about the same amount of time as him. I could dig deeper into total games played divided by fumbles to get a more accurate answer

• Like 2