RaidersAreOne

Buccaneers sign RB LeSean McCoy (One year deal)

2 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

He does love to do that, but 25 fumbles in 11 years is pretty average for RBs who have got plenty of touches

Adrian Peterson: 14 Years with 48 Fumbles

Frank Gore: 15 Years with 46 Fumbles

Marshawn Lynch: 13 Years with 28 Fumbles

LT: 11 Years with 30 Fumbles

Fred Taylor: 13 Years with 27 Fumbles

Jerome Bettis: 13 Years with 41 Fumbles

Marshall Faulk: 12 Years with 36 Fumbles

Edgerrin James: 11 Years with 44 Fumbles

Cory Dillon: 10 Years with 28 Fumbles

I didn't look up every RB but just some that came to mind that I thought played about the same amount of time as him. I could dig deeper into total games played divided by fumbles to get a more accurate answer

nah even with his running style he was never much of a fumbler. Piquel just made a dumb comment.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Say what you will about McCoy, I think he still had the best YPC out of all the RB's on our team last season. He fumbled the ball one time around like week 12 and then was not trusted again the rest of the season so even though he's a veteran coming off a SB run he should plenty fresh and should still have some gas in the tank. Good signing by Arians.

Edited by Kirill

10 hours ago, Kirill said:

Say what you will about McCoy, I think he still had the best YPC out of all the RB's on our team last season. He fumbled the ball one time around like week 12 and then was not trusted again the rest of the season so even though he's a veteran coming off a SB run he should plenty fresh and should still have some gas in the tank. Good signing by Arians.

He was pretty decent with the Chiefs; he still has some fuel especially in a RB committee. Early he was rushing the ball well but he fumbled more than just once this past season. I remember a few drives early in the season we're the offense was driving and he fumbled the ball. 

He started out good last year, but kinda just dissipated towards the end of the season. I like McCoy, hopefully he does some good for them, except for when they play the Chiefs :D 

I see no problem with Shady filling the Danny Woodhead role as a check down and change of pace back.

14 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I see no problem with Shady filling the Danny Woodhead role as a check down and change of pace back.

the Danny Woodhead role? 

What Year Is It? | Know Your Meme

On 7/31/2020 at 9:18 PM, ninjapirate said:

nah even with his running style he was never much of a fumbler. Piquel just made a dumb comment.

He was last year. He was historically a guy who fumbled once every 100 carries or so, which is phenomenal. Last year he had three in only 100 carries. That's like early Tiki Barber level ball security. Might not have been a career long issue for him, but in regards to how he did last year with KC, it was a huge issue. Both of his lost fumbles in particular came at crucial moments in what would end up as 1 score games. It's the main reason the coaching staff refused to play him in the postseason. Couldn't trust his ball security. Wouldn't be surprised if it's part of why we didn't look to bring him back, also. Could be a one off, could be part of the decline.

I get where you're coming from, but I also get where Piquel is coming from, as well.