NFL Top 32 Coaches Ranking :)

HolmesPriest

17 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Bill O'Brien - it's tough to separate "BO'B, competent NFL coach" from "BO'B, flaming dumpster fire of an NFL GM"

Well... he's not a competent NFL coach if you really watch him. He's full of questionable calls, horrible clock management and poor in-game decisions. 

The GM stuff is bad, the coaching is just as bad. He benefitted from very bad Jacksonville and Tennessee teams through his career, has the AFCS not been a dumpster fire for the better part of the decade, he'd be fired by now.

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Well... he's not a competent NFL coach if you really watch him. He's full of questionable calls, horrible clock management and poor in-game decisions. 

The GM stuff is bad, the coaching is just as bad. He benefitted from very bad Jacksonville and Tennessee teams through his career, has the AFCS not been a dumpster fire for the better part of the decade, he'd be fired by now.

Add in Watson to the list. The number of times he has made something out of an objectively horrible play call is amazing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mse326 said:

Add in Watson to the list. The number of times he has made something out of an objectively horrible play call is amazing.

Watt, too. Early in BoB's tenure, Watt would single handedly win games. I'm convinced Watt took a 2-14 team to 9-7 in 2014.

The only year that was mildly impressive from BoB is 2016, when he won a division with Brock Osweiler as QB. 

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

Maybe I was looking more for "average NFL coach." 

Reid is among the best, and Mike McCarthy seems like, at worst, an average NFL coach (with an elite record), and they both regularly get roasted for these 3 things. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Maybe I was looking more for "average NFL coach." 

I'd say he's below average, and I know I'm not the only one... People used to think he was a better GM than HC, and people might not be wrong on that.

Bill Belichick seems to get more credit rather than the truth that he has benefited more from Tom Brady than vice versa. It's not out of the realm of possibility that now Reid with Mahomes can do special things. The best QB Reid had before Mahomes was a slightly above average McNabb or a improved Smith. Is what Belichick did with the Browns or Giants as DC so special there should be a gap as large as many believe? What do you think Reid would have done with Brady the last 20 years? 

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Bill Belichick seems to get more credit rather than the truth that he has benefited more from Tom Brady than vice versa. It's not out of the realm of possibility that now Reid with Mahomes can do special things. The best QB Reid had before Mahomes was a slightly above average McNabb or a improved Smith. Is what Belichick did with the Browns or Giants as DC so special there should be a gap as large as many believe? What do you think Reid would have done with Brady the last 20 years? 

It depends. Reid is an offensive genius. Belichick is a football genius. He could come up with ways to win that we didnt even know existed

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Classic said:

Belicheck/Brady is, at worst, a Walsh/Montana situation - I'm pretty sure either coach would've been highly successful without the QB, but neither were a no-brainer of a prospect, so while I think it's fair to say each coach lucked into the QB, I'm thinking the QB lucked into a situation perfect for their talents. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1. Belichick

2. Reid

3. Harbaugh

4. Tomlin

5. Payton

6. Carrol

7. McVay

8. Shanahan

9. Rivera

10. Gruden

11. Arians

12. Zimmer

13. McDermott

14. Pederson

15. Vrabel

16. McCarthy

17. Reich

18. Flores

19. Quinn

20. LaFleur

21. Fangio

22. Kingsbury

23. Nagy

24. Lynn

25. O'Brien

26. Marrone

27. Taylor

28. Patricia

29 to 31 Stefanski, Judge, Rhule too early to tell

32. Gase

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

1. Belichick

2. Reid

3. Harbaugh

4. Tomlin

5. Payton

6. Carrol

7. McVay

8. Shanahan

9. Rivera

10. Gruden

11. Arians

12. Zimmer

13. McDermott

14. Pederson

15. Vrabel

16. McCarthy

17. Reich

18. Flores

19. Quinn

20. LaFleur

21. Fangio

22. Kingsbury

23. Nagy

24. Lynn

25. O'Brien

26. Marrone

27. Taylor

28. Patricia

32. Gase

Much better list than the OP. I don’t even have to make one now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

1. Belichick

2. Reid

3. Harbaugh

4. Tomlin

5. Payton

6. Carrol

7. McVay

8. Shanahan

9. Rivera

10. Gruden

11. Arians

12. Zimmer

13. McDermott

14. Pederson

15. Vrabel

16. McCarthy

17. Reich

18. Flores

19. Quinn

20. LaFleur

21. Fangio

22. Kingsbury

23. Nagy

24. Lynn

25. O'Brien

26. Marrone

27. Taylor

28. Patricia

32. Gase

Yeah this is pretty on point for me. Except I'd have Carrol over Payton.