NFL Top 32 Coaches Ranking :)

HolmesPriest

20 minutes ago, Spartacus said:
5 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Not sure about having Matt Lafleur in the bottom 1/3. 

I dont get that considering other young coaches getting placed higher.

I can totally see the argument for putting him higher for sure, the Packers had a great record last season and looked good but I thought they got totally outcoached and outplayed in the playoffs plus the Aaron Rodgers effect. I guess for me I want to see another full season before I put him above certain guys who have an extra year or two on him. Flores is slightly higher as I think he's doing a tremendous job with very little and really getting the team to buy in and play above themselves. I wouldn't argue against swapping them as it's still very early for both 😀

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:
6 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Not sure about having Matt Lafleur in the bottom 1/3. 

Maybe I’d put him in the middle but he got embarrassingly out coached by the same guy twicw. 

Technically, he is in the middle third 😁👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I can totally see the argument for putting him higher for sure, the Packers had a great record last season and looked good but I thought they got totally outcoached and outplayed in the playoffs plus the Aaron Rodgers effect. I guess for me I want to see another full season before I put him above certain guys who have an extra year or two on him. Flores is slightly higher as I think he's doing a tremendous job with very little and really getting the team to buy in and play above themselves. I wouldn't argue against swapping them as it's still very early for both 😀

You seem to be ignoring GB's playoff win over SEA to get to the NFCC, and the fact that Rogers was very hit and miss last season while the running game carried the offense.

On 7/31/2020 at 5:52 AM, Ray Reed said:

Andy Reid over Bill Belichick is disrespectful to the human race 

It's the most disrespectful post I have ever seen. Belichick the GM is failing Belichick the coach. Give Belichick the Chiefs roster and he is not losing a game for a very, very long time.

5 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

You seem to be ignoring GB's playoff win over SEA to get to the NFCC, and the fact that Rogers was very hit and miss last season while the running game carried the offense.

I didn't actually see that game if I'm honest so it would be remiss of me to make that a big factor. So I'm judging him as best I can from what I've seen, maybe I'm wrong on his rating, wouldnt surprise me one bit and hopefully we'll see a lot more this year to make a more accurate reflection 😀 one year is not really enough for me personally to rate a guy too high. 

Honestly I'm starting to think Matt Lafleur needs to start getting respect the likes of McVay, Shannahan, or Vrabel seem to be getting. 13-3 last year with a team most think isn't a 13-3 good team and 3-0 to start this year while having one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL. The dude seems to just get it. 

Matt LaFleur is 8-0 in the division to begin his career
MLF has taken over a 6 win team... and gone 16-3 in the regular season - that's a  .842 winning %

LaFleur is 5-0 vs Zimmer, Reid and Carroll
LaFleur's offense dropped 85 points on 2 defensive minded HCs... who had all offseason to prepare
The Packers enter Week 4 on an 8-game regular-season win streak, the longest current streak in the NFC
Became only the fifth coach in NFL history to win 13-plus regular-season games in his first season as a head coach
LaFleur is the first Packer head coach to start both of his first two seasons 3-0.

@Spartacus @Shanedorf How much of LaFleur success is on the fact that he has ARod as his QB? 

From my perspective when LaFleur left to be the OC for the Titans how did Mariota and that offense look? 

McVay gets respect because Cousins was literally untradeable in Washington and then McVay helped Cousins become the richest QB in the NFL over the past handful of years combined. Then McVay goes to LA to help turn Goff from being national known as an historic bust to now a top 10-12 QB that went to the Superbowl. Kyle Shannahan literally help Ryan win the MVP and got the Falcons to the Superbowl. It took a historic collapse for them not to win it. As soon as Shannahan left, the Falcons right now are the laughing stock of the league and Ryan is good but not MVP take the team to the Superbowl good. Shannahan goes to the Niners get Jimmy G and again help raise Jimmy G game to help bring the Niners to being up 10pts with 7 minutes to go from winning Superbowl. It took Mahomes being spectacular for the Niners not to win. Heck Shannahan is making Dan Mullens look great. Vrabel took Ryan Tannehill and literally made a run in the playoffs last season. This season has the Titans unbeaten and again Tannehill is looking really good.

So again LaFleur I want to see if his success so far is a product of having ARod. Its really not going to show imo until we see Jordan Love. ARod is great no matter who is the HC. Now LaFleur offensive system and playcalling can make more a difference but ARod is still great. Whenever Love gets his shot and it might not be for awhile BUT whenever he gets his shot and if he looks great and the offense is still strong and the team is still having success under LaFleur then I will say LaFleur need to be getting more respect like McVay, Shannahan, Vrabel, etc... Right now my question is still, how much of LaFleur success is on the fact that he has ARod as his QB?

Edited by stl4life07

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

@Spartacus @Shanedorf How much of LaFleur success is on the fact that he has ARod as his QB? 

From my perspective when LaFleur left to be the OC for the Titans how did Mariota and that offense look? 

McVay gets respect because Cousins was literally untradeable in Washington and then McVay helped Cousins become the richest QB in the NFL over the past handful of years combined. Then McVay goes to LA to help turn Goff from being national known as an historic bust to now a top 10-12 QB that went to the Superbowl. Kyle Shannahan literally help Ryan win the MVP and got the Falcons to the Superbowl. It took a historic collapse for them not to win it. As soon as Shannahan left, the Falcons right now are the laughing stock of the league and Ryan is good but not MVP take the team to the Superbowl good. Shannahan goes to the Niners get Jimmy G and again help raise Jimmy G game to help bring the Niners to being up 10pts with 7 minutes to go from winning Superbowl. It took Mahomes being spectacular for the Niners not to win. Heck Shannahan is making Dan Mullens look great. Vrabel took Ryan Tannehill and literally made a run in the playoffs last season. This season has the Titans unbeaten and again Tannehill is looking really good.

So again LaFleur I want to see if his success so far is a product of having ARod. Its really not going to show imo until we see Jordan Love. ARod is great no matter who is the HC. Now LaFleur offensive system and playcalling can make more a difference but ARod is still great. Whenever Love gets his shot and it might not be for awhile BUT whenever he gets his shot and if he looks great and the offense is still strong and the team is still having success under LaFleur then I will say LaFleur need to be getting more respect like McVay, Shannahan, Vrabel, etc... Right now my question is still, how much of LaFleur success is on the fact that he has ARod as his QB?

So in your mind, nothing GB does matters because it is all Rodgers and MLF is just along for the ride.

Using that logic, I'm not sure why McCarthy is getting credit for winning one SB with 13 years of HOF level QB's, or why Reid is getting credit for finally winning a SB with a stacked roster.

Rodgers hasn't been making a bunch of spectacular throws to covered targets.  He's been making a lot of easy throws to open targets.  And most of those throws are going to the same players that fans were insisting GB needed to upgrade in the off season because they weren't skilled enough.

Edited by Mazrimiv

53 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

So in your mind, nothing GB does matters because it is all Rodgers and MLF is just along for the ride.

Using that logic, I'm not sure why McCarthy is getting credit for winning one SB with 13 years of HOF level QB's, or why Reid is getting credit for finally winning a SB with a stacked roster.

Rodgers hasn't been making a bunch of spectacular throws to covered targets.  He's been making a lot of easy throws to open targets.  And most of those throws are going to the same players that fans were insisting GB needed to upgrade in the off season because they weren't skilled enough.

Andy Reid was a great coach before having Mahomes. McCarthy yes you can say alot of his success came because he had what Favre then ARod. Again Im not saying nothing LaFleur does will be overlooked. Im just asking how much success LaFleur will have will be because of ARod? Look you cant help what situation you are in. The debate will always be is it Belichick or Brady for the success. Doesnt take away from what either guy has done but that will always be the debate. So for me Im just curious to see how LaFleur is as a head coach without ARod. We wont see it for many years and heck if he continue to have success and win a Superbowl then who cares. I do see your point and the offense looking for smoothly and easier for ARod.

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Lafleur took a team coming off of two losing seasons and a QB that was either "uncoachable" or "over the hill" depending on who you talked to and was 1 game away from a superbowl. Most people also think that team wasn't as talented as the 13-3 record. So Lafleur also took a team what many thought to be the worse 13-3 team ever and outperformed there talent. 

He has now revolutionized the Packers offense while setting a Packers record for points through 3 games and a 3-0 record. Make no mistake this is not the Aaron Rodgers heavy offenses of the McCarthy Era. 

So now Aaron Rodgers is all of a sudden elite again and this Packers team is riddled with talent which means we downplay Lafleurs impressive start? I dont buy it. 

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

My head coach hierarchy (according to me):

1 Bill Belichick

2 Andy Reid

3 John Harbaugh

4 Sean McVay

5 Pete Carroll

6 Kyle Shannahan

7 Mike Tomlin

8 Sean Payton

9 Mike Vrabel

10 Doug Pederson

I don't know if I would have him in the top 10 after this weekend with him just settling for the tie.