NFL Top 32 Coaches Ranking :)

HolmesPriest

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

I don't know if I would have him in the top 10 after this weekend with him just settling for the tie.

If we are talking about just this season I agree but I’m ranking just in general and I think Pederson is a top 10 coach overall. Now he was higher but the past two or so bumped him down but in general I think there is an argument for him being top 10. This season in particular he isn’t a top 10 coach though. 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Lafleur took a team coming off of two losing seasons and a QB that was either "uncoachable" or "over the hill" depending on who you talked to and was 1 game away from a superbowl. Most people also think that team wasn't as talented as the 13-3 record. So Lafleur also took a team what many thought to be the worse 13-3 team ever and outperformed there talent. 

He has now revolutionized the Packers offense while setting a Packers record for points through 3 games and a 3-0 record. Make no mistake this is not the Aaron Rodgers heavy offenses of the McCarthy Era. 

So now Aaron Rodgers is all of a sudden elite again and this Packers team is riddled with talent which means we downplay Lafleurs impressive start? I dont buy it. 

I think LaFleur definitely breathed life into the offense from McCarthy considering the fact ARod wasn’t a fan of what McCarthy wanted him to do on offense. Literally was said the reason ARod led the league in throwaways  McCarthy final season is because he didn’t like the plays that were called. So I’m not saying LaFleur hasn’t made some type of an impact. I’m just saying how much success is because of ARod? If the Packers had Winston or Trubisky or pick a young QB that needed better development from a former QB coach/OC like LaFleur was in Atlanta, LA, and Tennessee could LaFleur still have this same success with the Packers? The only real evidence I have is when he went to Tennessee as the OC and was asked to help Mariota and that offense and he didn’t deliver much great results. So that’s all I’m asking. 

Edited by stl4life07

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I think LaFleur definitely breathed life into the offense from McCarthy considering the fact ARod wasn’t a fan of what McCarthy wanted him to do on offense. Literally was said the reason ARod led the league in throwaways  McCarthy final season is because he didn’t like the plays that were called. So I’m not saying LaFleur hasn’t made some type of an impact. I’m just saying how much success is because of ARod? If the Packers had Winston or Trubisky or pick a young QB that needed better development from a former QB coach/OC like LaFleur was in Atlanta, LA, and Tennessee could LaFleur still have this same success with the Packers? The only real evidence I have is when he went to Tennessee as the OC and was asked to help Mariota and that offense and he didn’t deliver much great results. So that’s all I’m asking. 

I'm not gonna dig them all up but you should check out some cutups from the play designs from LaFleur. He's a wizard in that department. The simple fact with the Titans was that Mariota sucked and it was MLF's first time on his own so he was a bit green. We went 13-3 last year and it wasn't because Rodgers played well. He was bad last year and MLF pieced it together with game plans. Now, year 2 in the offense and Rodgers believing in it, they have scored 41, 36 and 37 on offense so far. The play designs have been exceptional and he's doing it with what people would refer to as less than ideal talent outside of Jones and Tae. Literally everyone gets involved because he's that good at scheming. I'm absolutely over the moon with LaFleur and he's only gonna get better. Having Rodgers is a luxury but, last year, nobody was saying that. Not if you watched every minute on a weekly basis. Rodgers was more of a detriment to the designs than he was a plus. This year? Good luck.

Edited by beekay414

8 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I mean if you take most head coaches and plop Trubisky down on them those teams are not going anywhere unless they have a great defense. You can only polish a turd so much. Cousins hasn't missed a beat in Minnesota so should we give McVay all the credit or did Cousins just find himself in an ideal situation with some talent that allowed him to shine in both MN and Washington for a couple years? Its not like Jared Goff is a slouch in STL either. I will agree with Vrabel doing some great things in TN but Vrabel is a defensive guy. How much of Ryan Tannehill's resurgence is on Vrabel or is Arthur Smith  calling plays on that side of the ball? 

IMO we overrate head coaches and underrate the amount of talent that surrounds them unless we are talking about certain teams coaches for whatever reason. Then its all AR & team talent. This team is destroying defenses with Allen Lazard, Jake Sternberger, Robert Tonyan, and MVS as major contributors. They are getting WIDE open due to Lafleur's scheme not some crazy talent advantage (Even though I do think Lazard is breaking out as a pretty good #2). That's not even playing in the injuries and shuffling on the O line that just keeps on chugging along as one of the best in football with Billy Turner, Lucas Patrick, and old Rick Wagner playing major roles early in the season. 

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

If we are talking about just this season I agree but I’m ranking just in general and I think Pederson is a top 10 coach overall. Now he was higher but the past two or so bumped him down but in general I think there is an argument for him being top 10. This season in particular he isn’t a top 10 coach though. 

Me personally I would put McDermott and Arians over him even before this past weekend, that game I think just cemented it. 

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Me personally I would put McDermott and Arians over him even before this past weekend, that game I think just cemented it. 

I can get behind McDermott being in the top 10. I love his approach especially how he put coaches in place to help develop Allen and the Bills are well-coached. Arians I say no because the whole "risk it no biscuit" is cute but like the Bucs are very undisciplined when you think constantly being penalized. Plus he came to Tampa to help fix Winston and he couldnt do it. 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I mean if you take most head coaches and plop Trubisky down on them those teams are not going anywhere unless they have a great defense. You can only polish a turd so much. Cousins hasn't missed a beat in Minnesota so should we give McVay all the credit or did Cousins just find himself in an ideal situation with some talent that allowed him to shine in both MN and Washington for a couple years? Its not like Jared Goff is a slouch in STL either. I will agree with Vrabel doing some great things in TN but Vrabel is a defensive guy. How much of Ryan Tannehill's resurgence is on Vrabel or is Arthur Smith  calling plays on that side of the ball? 

IMO we overrate head coaches and underrate the amount of talent that surrounds them unless we are talking about certain teams coaches for whatever reason. Then its all AR & team talent. This team is destroying defenses with Allen Lazard, Jake Sternberger, Robert Tonyan, and MVS as major contributors. They are getting WIDE open due to Lafleur's scheme not some crazy talent advantage (Even though I do think Lazard is breaking out as a pretty good #2). That's not even playing in the injuries and shuffling on the O line that just keeps on chugging along as one of the best in football with Billy Turner, Lucas Patrick, and old Rick Wagner playing major roles early in the season. 

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not gonna dig them all up but you should check out some cutups from the play designs from LaFleur. He's a wizard in that department. The simple fact with the Titans was that Mariota sucked and it was MLF's first time on his own so he was a bit green. We went 13-3 last year and it wasn't because Rodgers played well. He was bad last year and MLF pieced it together with game plans. Now, year 2 in the offense and Rodgers believing in it, they have scored 41, 36 and 37 on offense so far. The play designs have been exceptional and he's doing it with what people would refer to as less than ideal talent outside of Jones and Tae. Literally everyone gets involved because he's that good at scheming. I'm absolutely over the moon with LaFleur and he's only gonna get better. Having Rodgers is a luxury but, last year, nobody was saying that. Not if you watched every minute on a weekly basis. Rodgers was more of a detriment to the designs than he was a plus. This year? Good luck.

All fair points. Something that was pointed out that last year LaFleur was terrible at making 2nd half adjustments in games. After the scripted drive he couldnt adjust to what defenses was doing to his offense. Now he has gotten better with it. We are also seeing the Packers not needing another receiver to compliment Adams. Plus the reason why LaFleur offensive system was hyped to work in GB because just like McVay the system is to scheme guys wide open and we are seeing that and it definitely helps make ARod job easier. So again both make great points. For the record Im not saying LaFleur is terrible because he played a great role as the QB in Atlanta to help Ryan. He played a great role as the QB coach/OC in LA to help Goff. In Tennessee as the OC was the only blemish but maybe Mariota just isnt that good. He had his moments but so has Keenum and I know what Keenum is. So its going to be fascinating to see where LaFleur can take the Packers. They have a great shot to go to the Superbowl this season.

16 hours ago, Spartacus said:

So now Aaron Rodgers is all of a sudden elite again and this Packers team is riddled with talent which means we downplay Lafleurs impressive start? I dont buy it. 

The added irony here is that we spent all offseason hearing how GB were possibly the worst 13-3 team of all time. Aaron Jones struggled to make many top 10 RB lists, Davante Adams was on the periphery of top 10 receiver lists, outside of those two GB were supposedly amongst the very, very worst teams in the league across the skill positions. The loss of bukaga was going to hamper our line play, Zadarius Smith was consistently overlooked at OLB while Preston Smith was completely forgotten about the moment the 2019 season ended, and GBs secondary was hardly talked about much either. And to top it all off, they supposedly had one of the worst drafts of all time while making very few offseason moves. 

On 9/29/2020 at 2:56 PM, Billy86 said:

The added irony here is that we spent all offseason hearing how GB were possibly the worst 13-3 team of all time. Aaron Jones struggled to make many top 10 RB lists, Davante Adams was on the periphery of top 10 receiver lists, outside of those two GB were supposedly amongst the very, very worst teams in the league across the skill positions. The loss of bukaga was going to hamper our line play, Zadarius Smith was consistently overlooked at OLB while Preston Smith was completely forgotten about the moment the 2019 season ended, and GBs secondary was hardly talked about much either. And to top it all off, they supposedly had one of the worst drafts of all time while making very few offseason moves. 

while i cant say the bolded was never said (you know, cause its the internet), can you show me where it was a popular/majority opinion here? What I do remember being a popular opinion was that GB went deep into the playoffs, had a team that was playoff caliber going into this year but instead of using their first on a guy who can you in the next 1-3 years they drafted a QB to replace AARON RODGERS? 

Also to be clear, youre arguing that the production by Lazard and MVS 3 weeks into the season is legitimate and they should be upper tier #2 and #3 WRs?

19 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

while i cant say the bolded was never said (you know, cause its the internet), can you show me where it was a popular/majority opinion here? What I do remember being a popular opinion was that GB went deep into the playoffs, had a team that was playoff caliber going into this year but instead of using their first on a guy who can you in the next 1-3 years they drafted a QB to replace AARON RODGERS? 

Also to be clear, youre arguing that the production by Lazard and MVS 3 weeks into the season is legitimate and they should be upper tier #2 and #3 WRs?

I think your going to be hard pressed to find a Packer fan that would have rather had the QB to literally any other impactful position t but I don't think that automatically makes it a bad pick nor does it mean that a WR if picked would have beat out Allen Lazard or MVS. I think in general people thought the Packers were playoff caliber but it was pretty common fact that they were thought to be one of the worse 13-3 teams in history. So much so that you can find tons of memes and online humor about it. 

He never even mentioned Lazard or MVS in his post so your just speaking in hyperbole but I do think Lazard/MVS could be legitimate #2/#3 WRs. They are probably never going to be "Upper Tier" but I would say they can be average NFL #2 & #3s. AR should be able to make that work. 

I think the drafting of the QB in round 1 turned into this media narrative where Packers are not that good and did nothing to get better when in reality they were ignoring growth from the internal group from last year including Gary, Lazard, MVS, Keke, & Savage (Admittedly Savage has not looked good) as well as underrating the season they just had. 

37 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I think your going to be hard pressed to find a Packer fan that would have rather had the QB to literally any other impactful position t but I don't think that automatically makes it a bad pick nor does it mean that a WR if picked would have beat out Allen Lazard or MVS. I think in general people thought the Packers were playoff caliber but it was pretty common fact that they were thought to be one of the worse 13-3 teams in history. So much so that you can find tons of memes and online humor about it. 

He never even mentioned Lazard or MVS in his post so your just speaking in hyperbole but I do think Lazard/MVS could be legitimate #2/#3 WRs. They are probably never going to be "Upper Tier" but I would say they can be average NFL #2 & #3s. AR should be able to make that work

I think the drafting of the QB in round 1 turned into this media narrative where Packers are not that good and did nothing to get better when in reality they were ignoring growth from the internal group from last year including Gary, Lazard, MVS, Keke, & Savage (Admittedly Savage has not looked good) as well as underrating the season they just had. 

It possibly does make it a bad pick. Especially if GB continues to impress but doesnt win it all. At least that guy would have had a chance of helping this year. 

ANd he did bring up skill postion guys outide fo adams and jones, would that not include MVS and Lazard? Im sure it does, right? The obvious answer to the fairly simple question i asked is no, expecting the same production weve seen from those same two guys through week 3 is not realistic all season or in future years. Not gonna rehash why Love was such a poor pick but the bolded speaks volumes. 

And lastly, ill ask again, where was it the popular opinion that GB was the worse 13-3 team ever. Or where are all the media guys saying GB just wasnt good? GB had obvious holes they didnt really address, just because people criticize that doesnt mean they are saying GB isnt good. 

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

And lastly, ill ask again, where was it the popular opinion that GB was the worse 13-3 team ever. Or where are all the media guys saying GB just wasnt good? GB had obvious holes they didnt really address, just because people criticize that doesnt mean they are saying GB isnt good. 

I would say yes it was a prevailing thought that they may be the worse 13-3 ever. I also think the fact that the draft was looked down upon gave the media a negative opinion on the Packers as a whole outside of anything that happened the previous year. 

15 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I would say yes it was a prevailing thought that they may be the worse 13-3 ever. I also think the fact that the draft was looked down upon gave the media a negative opinion on the Packers as a whole outside of anything that happened the previous year. 

ok, where was it a prevailing thought. here? can you show me the thread? or was it the media? can you link numerous articles?