2020 Must have Players

NcFinest9erFan

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt I end up doing it, but this is the first year in forever I’m giving drafting a QB in round 1 some serious thought. I had Mahomes a few years ago and that was probably the most fun I’ve ever had playing fantasy....And this league is a 6 point per passing TD league. 

But I probably Will be to scared to touch them and I’ve always been one where if I dont grab one of the top 2-3 guys at QB, I tend To wait on one for a long time. So who are the 2-3 QBs you guys are targeting in the 9-13 round range? Quarterbacks in this league always tend to fall a good round or 2 below their ADP because everyone in this league seems to always have the same strategy when it comes to QBs. Outside the top guys. 

Kinda like Cam, Rodgers and Burrow this year at their current ADP. 

Josh Jacobs was one for sure; 1 draft down and I'm 1/1 so far (and didn't have to reach for him because he came back around to me in the 2nd, miraculously, after I took Zeke at #4).  And a big reason for it is Gruden, who seemed legitimately cheesed that Jacobs didn't win OROY last year and Jon's the type to hold a grudge and be stubborn about making a point.  I won't be surprised at all to see him try to really rub it in the media's faces that he feels they made the wrong choice in Kyler for OROY.

One I heavily targeted in mocks religiously was AJ Green.  The reason I didn't end up with him was because I've been making late pivots (and did in my one draft so far) to Hollywood Brown, because I'd rather hedge on the side of the higher-powered offense.  As a WR 3/4, he's just got insane upside.  He finished as a Top-50 fantasy WR last year despite playing just 14 games, coming off foot surgery, and playing in an offense that only threw the ball a shade over 430 times on the season.

Someone snaked me on him, but Tyler Lockett is another heavy target of mine.  I value consistency in my WR2, and Lockett is just that - he very, very rarely busts on his weekly production relative to expected outcome; he's something like a heavy-60 to 70-percent likelihood to perform as a WR2 or higher weekly for the past 2 years.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:33 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

I doubt I end up doing it, but this is the first year in forever I’m giving drafting a QB in round 1 some serious thought. I had Mahomes a few years ago and that was probably the most fun I’ve ever had playing fantasy....And this league is a 6 point per passing TD league. 

But I probably Will be to scared to touch them and I’ve always been one where if I dont grab one of the top 2-3 guys at QB, I tend To wait on one for a long time. So who are the 2-3 QBs you guys are targeting in the 9-13 round range? Quarterbacks in this league always tend to fall a good round or 2 below their ADP because everyone in this league seems to always have the same strategy when it comes to QBs. Outside the top guys. 

Kinda like Cam, Rodgers and Burrow this year at their current ADP. 

Late round QB my dude

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Josh Jacobs was one for sure; 1 draft down and I'm 1/1 so far (and didn't have to reach for him because he came back around to me in the 2nd, miraculously, after I took Zeke at #4).  And a big reason for it is Gruden, who seemed legitimately cheesed that Jacobs didn't win OROY last year and Jon's the type to hold a grudge and be stubborn about making a point.  I won't be surprised at all to see him try to really rub it in the media's faces that he feels they made the wrong choice in Kyler for OROY.

One I heavily targeted in mocks religiously was AJ Green.  The reason I didn't end up with him was because I've been making late pivots (and did in my one draft so far) to Hollywood Brown, because I'd rather hedge on the side of the higher-powered offense.  As a WR 3/4, he's just got insane upside.  He finished as a Top-50 fantasy WR last year despite playing just 14 games, coming off foot surgery, and playing in an offense that only threw the ball a shade over 430 times on the season.

I just starting researching for FF due to other activities taking priority. My 10 team full PPM 3WR 2Flex league draft is next week.

I've been mock drafting on yahoo. I have the 6th pick and I've done some goofy things, but I find myself passing on Dalvin and going CEH and Jacobs most often. I really like that combo.

I've also seen a lot of Amari Cooper shares and that gives me the heebie jeebies.

Kareem Hunt (RB3),  Julian Edelmen (WR5), and Antonio Gibson (RB6) are some players I really like

32 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Someone snaked me on him, but Tyler Lockett is another heavy target of mine.  I value consistency in my WR2, and Lockett is just that - he very, very rarely busts on his weekly production relative to expected outcome; he's something like a heavy-60 to 70-percent likelihood to perform as a WR2 or higher weekly for the past 2 years.

How big was this league that Jacobs fell to the 2nd round pick of a 4th overall pick team?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I just starting researching for FF due to other activities taking priority. My 10 team full PPM 3WR 2Flex league draft is next week.

I've been mock drafting on yahoo. I have the 6th pick and I've done some goofy things, but I find myself passing on Dalvin and going CEH and Jacobs most often. I really like that combo.

I've also seen a lot of Amari Cooper shares and that gives me the heebie jeebies.

Kareem Hunt (RB3),  Julian Edelmen (WR5), and Antonio Gibson (RB6) are some players I really like

I have no issues with CEH at 6 overall, especially in full PPR.  I expect to be among a minority there, but I'm also old enough to remember Brian Westbrook in fantasy PPR formats and I think CEH reminds me, build and absorbing initial contact-wise of Ray Rice.  Jacobs' value in PPR is capped at 2nd round for me, right now, because he wants and is setting the goal for an increased reception share this season, but that's a wrinkle that's also going to be affected by Gruden and Carr, where other mouths to feed like Ruggs and Bryan Edwards (who is, by accounts, having a strong camp and building really good rapport with Carr to the point he may start opposite Williams on the outside).

I don't mind Amari, but like you, I either prefer him as my WR2 (I'm totally cool with this), as otherwise his week-to-week inconsistency dictates to me that I need to absolutely target consistency at my other receiving positions at a great priority after drafting him.  Pairing him with someone like a Tyler Lockett as your WR3 can be a really good combo.