NFL suspends headcase WR Antonio Brown 8 games

RaidersAreOne

To be fair, this really did take way longer then it should of. Intentional I'm sure, but way longer then it should of taken to suspend him.

As mentioned and assuming week 9 is going to actually occur. AB will be as sought after a FA for a contender as any Trade deadline deal that could be made with another.

Seahawk/Raven, unless another contender suffers numerous injuries.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

To be fair, this really did take way longer then it should of. Intentional I'm sure, but way longer then it should of taken to suspend him.

As mentioned and assuming week 9 is going to actually occur. AB will be as sought after a FA for a contender as any Trade deadline deal that could be made with another.

did it? I thought his legal issues only just got resolved. It's not typical but it is still reasonable for the league to wait until it was. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:
11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

did it? I thought his legal issues only just got resolved. It's not typical but it is still reasonable for the league to wait until it was. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-nfl-brown-sentence/antonio-brown-sentenced-to-probation-in-assault-case-idUSKBN23J2XU

6 weeks ago, no? Seems like overkill to me? We've seen Roger drop the hammer on players within the week of bringing a case to a close.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-nfl-brown-sentence/antonio-brown-sentenced-to-probation-in-assault-case-idUSKBN23J2XU

6 weeks ago, no? Seems like overkill to me? We've seen Roger drop the hammer on players within the week of bringing a case to a close.

In a non-Covid world, I would probably agree with you

Good now we know what to expect. I think teams will wait to sign him until we get closer to the suspension end date. I’m sure interested teams would rather not be linked to any further craziness from him, unless he’s helping them win games. Conversely if he can prove that he can go 8 or so weeks of the NFL season without incident, than its a fair gamble to sign him at that point. He should be coming in with fresh legs and be hitting the ground running with said team for a playoff run.

That said, I wonder how this suspension will be impacted by any COVID-19 forced closures. Like if the NFL closes down after week 4 and then opens back up after week 12. Would Brown be allowed back because the necessary amount of “weeks” has gone by or would he be forced to sit out the entire season because not enough “games” will have taken place for him to serve his suspension with.