NFL suspends headcase WR Antonio Brown 8 games

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He literally played a full game last year. 

Thats my bad....forgot the one he played with the Pats.

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

last time on the field less than a full calendar year ago he looked great. I dont think its unreasonable to think he could play a key part in a SB run for a team that is already a contender even if he isnt the AB of old. 

Im not saying he cant be an asset by any means.  I said years ago I felt he could be a very productive WR well into his mid 30s.  But there isnt a team I feel like he can go to and be the difference between whether or not they win a SB.  In fact, I feel like the distraction and attitude he comes with would hurt an already good team more than whatever on field productivity he has to offer.

If it seemed like he changed, it might be different, but he clearly hasnt.

17 minutes ago, 43M said:

Thats my bad....forgot the one he played with the Pats.

even if he hadnt played with the pats, it still would only have been one season he missed, not the two years you originally said. 

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

His suspension won't begin until he's signed, right?

unless this was changed in the new cba, his suspension wont begin until he is signed to a roster

he is going to be a seahawk. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 43M said:

Im not saying he cant be an asset by any means.  I said years ago I felt he could be a very productive WR well into his mid 30s.  But there isnt a team I feel like he can go to and be the difference between whether or not they win a SB.  In fact, I feel like the distraction and attitude he comes with would hurt an already good team more than whatever on field productivity he has to offer.

If it seemed like he changed, it might be different, but he clearly hasnt.

So you are saying just from a locker room cancer perspective he will hinder rather than improve chances? I can understand that point of view.

From a pure football standpoint, if the Ravens were to bring him on I definitely believe he is a difference maker. He gives Lamar Jackson, a young up-incoming QB who may or may not have overachieved last year, a legitimate safety blanket who can excel at breaking open when Lamar buys time. He gives the Raven's passing attack a whole new dimension making them one of if not the most well rounded offenses in the league. That isnt even with the expectation he completely returns to form.  

Would the Raven's locker room implode? Maybe. However, players still seems to like him, really respected players like Brady and Wilson. While from a franchise optics standard he is surely a distraction and a bad association. I think his locker room presence being detrimental is an overblown assumption because publicly he cray. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

So you are saying just from a locker room cancer perspective he will hinder rather than improve chances? I can understand that point of view.

From a pure football standpoint, if the Ravens were to bring him on I definitely believe he is a difference maker. He gives Lamar Jackson, a young up-incoming QB who may or may not have overachieved last year, a legitimate safety blanket who can excel at breaking open when Lamar buys time. He gives the Raven's passing attack a whole new dimension making them one of if not the most well rounded offenses in the league. That isnt even with the expectation he completely returns to form.  

Would the Raven's locker room implode? Maybe. However, players still seems to like him, really respected players like Brady and Wilson. While from a franchise optics standard he is surely a distraction and a bad association. I think his locker room presence being detrimental is an overblown assumption because publicly he cray. 

I been saying, he was very liked in the Patriots locker room cause he wanted to be there, everyone and their mother could see that he was forcing himself out of the Raiders, he has issues but that wasn't why he was being a toxic cancer in the Raiders locker room, he just didn't want to be there and the Steelers let him down in the trade. If he went to the Seahawks or the Ravens or NOLA or any team he wants to go to, he will still probably be annoying on social media but I wouldn't expect him to be a cancer that'd destroy the life of the locker room like pundits want to believe. Brady wanted to keep AB for a reason, same with a lot of other Patriots players, if they hated him and he rolled up to practice and was a complete narcissist that cast a huge shadow of grief over everyone, why would they support him so much?

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 11:49 AM, Drained said:

Having AB for the final stretch is still better than not having him at all, best thing that could have happened to him tbh. I say he ends up a seahawk now

I’d bet against Seattle at this point. Most reports indicate we’re just waiting to hear word on Josh Gordon’s reinstatement before we can sign him. Ravens definitely feel like the favorite at the moment, but an injury / opt-out / positive test could have a team scrambling for a talented option. 

This news only provides clarity for interested teams considering signing him. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

even if he hadnt played with the pats, it still would only have been one season he missed, not the two years you originally said. 

If he hadnt played with the Pats, the last game he would have played was week 16 of the 2018 season.  Considering he is suspended the first 8 weeks of the 2020 season, the earliest he could play is week 9....or ALMOST 2 YEARS....which is what I originally said.

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Again, not saying he couldnt be an impact player, but there are way too many question marks regarding what youre getting with him.  Is he really worth the risk?  Its easy to say yes to the talent until reality possibly catches up.

7 hours ago, Drained said:

I been saying, he was very liked in the Patriots locker room cause he wanted to be there, everyone and their mother could see that he was forcing himself out of the Raiders, he has issues but that wasn't why he was being a toxic cancer in the Raiders locker room, he just didn't want to be there and the Steelers let him down in the trade. If he went to the Seahawks or the Ravens or NOLA or any team he wants to go to, he will still probably be annoying on social media but I wouldn't expect him to be a cancer that'd destroy the life of the locker room like pundits want to believe. Brady wanted to keep AB for a reason, same with a lot of other Patriots players, if they hated him and he rolled up to practice and was a complete narcissist that cast a huge shadow of grief over everyone, why would they support him so much?

1)  He was there for ONE week.   ONE.  He didnt really have time to form animosity with anyone.  Lets not act like he had issues with Oakland from the moment he got there.   AB was acting all happy to be there at first.    

2)  AB has clear mental issues.   It goes beyond merely being a diva.  You never know what might set him off.  One major disagreement with Pete Carroll or John Harbaugh is all it would take.   Not saying it would DEFINITELY happen....but thats all it would take.

3)  His off field actions are the bigger concern. 

1 minute ago, 43M said:

This is indisputably, he got suspended for a reason. However, I think this is the only real risk to adding him. Much like Josh Gordon, you have to operate under the idea that he may not be available due to suspensions. I don't think what he does off the field will effect a locker room or the on field product however. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 43M said:

Again, not saying he couldnt be an impact player, but there are way too many question marks regarding what youre getting with him.  Is he really worth the risk?  Its easy to say yes to the talent until reality possibly catches up.

1)  He was there for ONE week.   ONE.  He didnt really have time to form animosity with anyone.  Lets not act like he had issues with Oakland from the moment he got there.   AB was acting all happy to be there at first.    

2)  AB has clear mental issues.   It goes beyond merely being a diva.  You never know what might set him off.  One major disagreement with Pete Carroll or John Harbaugh is all it would take.   Not saying it would DEFINITELY happen....but thats all it would take.

He was there one week and clicked very well with the team from the get-go, I think it was a classic case of him not wanting to be there, we already know that he intentionally forced his way out of the Raiders to be picked up by a better team on a one year deal, of course Rosenhaus won't say it but we know how it is.

I think the pros outweigh the cons, AB, possible HoF WR who could still have it on a one year deal vet minimum where cutting him would be easy as pie. Steelers and Raider fans will obviously hate AB not matter what but the truth is that AB is a possible (if he still has the juice) top 3 wide receiver in the NFL and you're probably gonna get him on a vets minimum with a incentive-laden deal. You can cut him if the reality you mention catches up to his talent with no hassle. I don't see why you wouldn't take the chance if you need that push for a SB and your team is desiring a boost on the offense.