NFL suspends headcase WR Antonio Brown 8 games

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This is indisputably, he got suspended for a reason. However, I think this is the only real risk to adding him. Much like Josh Gordon, you have to operate under the idea that he may not be available due to suspensions. I don't think what he does off the field will effect a locker room or the on field product however. 

But don't forget no team will sign him for a big deal like he got at Oakland, not even a deal with a nice guarantee like atNE. He is probably gonna get a vet minimum with a ton of incentives e.g. Cam Newton right now. I don't see why you don't sign him at that point, you could probably tell him straight away if anything goes wrong he's out and he knows you're not bluffing cause he is the smallest hit to your salary cap on your roster.

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drained said:

But don't forget no team will sign him for a big deal like he got at Oakland, not even a deal with a nice guarantee like atNE. He is probably gonna get a vet minimum with a ton of incentives e.g. Cam Newton right now. I don't see why you don't sign him at that point, you could probably tell him straight away if anything goes wrong he's out and he knows you're not bluffing cause he is the smallest hit to your salary cap on your roster.

Agreed - anyone signing AB is doing so for league minimum, with significant incentive-based stipulations. AB is on a game-by-game review, even the slightest disruption and he's gone. 

Even if he is good with his behavior and has an elite eight games, he's not going to set the market as a top tier WR next off-season; His age along with his prior behavior might get him paid like a higher end WR #2 at best, he's not getting Amari Cooper money...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Drained said:

He was there one week and clicked very well with the team from the get-go, I think it was a classic case of him not wanting to be there, we already know that he intentionally forced his way out of the Raiders to be picked up by a better team on a one year deal, of course Rosenhaus won't say it but we know how it is.

I think the pros outweigh the cons, AB, possible HoF WR who could still have it on a one year deal vet minimum where cutting him would be easy as pie. Steelers and Raider fans will obviously hate AB not matter what but the truth is that AB is a possible (if he still has the juice) top 3 wide receiver in the NFL and you're probably gonna get him on a vets minimum with a incentive-laden deal. You can cut him if the reality you mention catches up to his talent with no hassle. I don't see why you wouldn't take the chance if you need that push for a SB and your team is desiring a boost on the offense.

Which I've been saying all along, is he serious about playing football again?....Can anyone ascertain that he is working hard at keeping himself ready to come back?.....Is he somebody who doesn't particularly like the rigors of playing through a football season, partial or not?....He will fizzle, if he's already made it clear to himself it's not what he really wants....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

8 hours ago, Drained said:

Cannot believe after what has transpired, that AB doesn't understand the concept of the revolving door policy in the NFL....

On 7/31/2020 at 5:29 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Dudes gonna come back and win a Super Bowl for someone. 

I personally would bet he comes in and causes too much of a distraction and the team that signs him misses the playoffs completely. Dude can not keep his behavior in check. Name me a player that failed in New England under Belichik that went on to get their personal issues together and find success.

9 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

I personally would bet he comes in and causes too much of a distraction and the team that signs him misses the playoffs completely. Dude can not keep his behavior in check. Name me a player that failed in New England under Belichik that went on to get their personal issues together and find success.

Terry Glenn

I will see myself out

14 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

He failed in New England? News to me.

22 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Terry Glenn

I will see myself out

Terry Glenn was a Parcells guy - once Parcells left, his productivity and behavior plummeted.

Once Parcells went to Dallas, Glenn found his mojo again.

Edit - I had no idea he died in 2017. Wow.

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Terry Glenn was a Parcells guy - once Parcells left, his productivity and behavior plummeted.

Once Parcells went to Dallas, Glenn found his mojo again.

Edit - I had no idea he died in 2017. Wow.

yes yes I already saw myself out, must you drag me back in??