BDL BDL 2017 week 3: Wichita Woodpeckers @ Lousiana Jazz

DingoLadd

Who Wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Wichita Woodpeckers
    • Lousiana Jazz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/2017 at 02:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 4: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Wichita Lineup:

QB: Jared Goff
RB: Leonard Fournette
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: DeVante Parker
WR: Kenny Stills
TE: Ben Watson
LT: Jeremy Parnell
LG: Kelechi Osemele
C: Spencer Long
RG: Jahri Evans
RT: Austin Howard

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: TJ Yeldon
WR: Eric Decker
TE: Cameron Brate
TE: Adam Shaheen
OL: John Jerry
OL - Graham Glasglow
OL: Allen Babre

DE: Olivier Vernon
DT: Jonathan Allen
DT: Corey Peters
DE: Brandon Graham
LB: Haasaan Reddick
LB: Luke Kuechly
CB: Rashaan Melvin
FS: Ron Parker
SS: Harrison Smith
NCB: Brian Poole
CB: Daryl Worley

DE: Willie Young
DE: Alex Okafor
DT: Pat Sims
LB: AJ Klein
CB: William Gay
CB: David Amerson
CB: Ken Crawley
S: Jabrill Peppers

Lousiana Lineup:

Offense:

QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Ezekiel Elliott
WR1: Jordy Nelson
WR2: Michael Thomas
Slot WR: Doug Baldwin

LT: Laremy Tunsil
LG: Josh Sitton
C: Travis Frederick
RG: Trai Turner
RT: Menelik Watson
OL6: Cody Whitehair

RB2: Bilal Powell
WR3: Doug Baldwin
WR4: Emmanuel Sanders

WR5: Torrey Smith
TE1: Zach Ertz
TE2: Eric Ebron
TE3: Dion Sims
OL6: Joe Barksdale

Defense:

OLB: Cameron Wake
DE: Chris Jones
NT: Damon Harrison
DE: Jurrell Casey
OLB: Brian Orakpo

ILB: Lorenzo Alexander
CB: Chris Harris Jr
CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
CB: Logan Ryan
SS: Reshad Jones
FS: Eric Weddle

DT3: Tyrone Crawford
DT4: Adam Gotsis
DE3: Shaq Lawson
DE4: Alvin Dupree
LB3: Todd Davis
CB4: Vontae Davis
CB5: Orlando Scandrick
DB: Reggie Nelson

Wichita Gameplan:

Offense: 

Today's game is all about limiting Louisiana's high-powered offense's opportunities. We will have a heavy running game with Fournette using 2 and sometimes 3TE sets to set the edge and get him running space in the open. We aim to hold onto the ball as much as possible and run down Louisiana's clock. Our big bodied receivers will also be an asset in the running game as they make for excellent run blockers versus the mismatched DBs. We will sprinkle in some play action this week as well since we have a primary focus on running the ball and we will hit our Bryant and Parker due to their size and funnel the ball to the TEs from time to time as well just to play the matchup. We will also try to get the screen game going out of the back field and catch a WR or RB in open space. 

Defense: 

Things of importance here, overload the right side of Brady's line as Watson has had a terrible year thus far. Keep pressure on Brady throughout the game to limit the damage he can do down field. Corners will be getting physical this week and jamming the WRs at the line to throw off Brady's timing. In four wides you will have Amerson slotting in. There isn't going to be set assignments for any receiver this week as all of them are formidable. In four wide sets Reddick will come off the field, Smith and Parker will play back to cover over top, Kuechly will guard the middle while the receivers are jammed at the line to let the pass rush hit home. Kuech has Elliott duty. It's going to be a hell of a match up. That's for sure.  With the defense spread he will try to run the ball (it'd be smart), but with the safety duo and Kuechly behind a solid run defensive line, it'll be a little bit more tough sledding than some may think. 

Lousiana Gameplan:

Offense:

On offense the focal point will be the run game to begin with. With an injured Sean Lee, we feel as though the weakened Wichita defensive front should be taken advantage of. Thus our primary line-up will feature a heavy set of 6 offensive linemen to ensure we can get the ball rolling with the run game and Elliott. This is also as we’ve isolated Vernon and Graham as the two danger men of the Wichita lineup, and keeping them away from our underperforming tackles and more importantly away from Brady in the backfield is the key to ensuring we can sustain drives.

While Brady has historically leaned on his TE, we respect Kuechly’s excellence in coverage and feel as though running with the extra OL will be a worthwhile strategy to mitigate Kuechly’s strength as he won’t be as effective if required to matchup against WRs. Indeed, we will see a few 6 OL, 4 WR sets to ensure the field is spread and give us every opportunity to take advantage of a sub-standard Wichita secondary. With that said, our WR group will operate pretty standard as per our previous games, with Nelson and Thomas operating on the outside and Baldwin & Sanders in the slot, although each moving between roles as required given the diversity and flexibility of their skillsets.

Defense:

We’ve loaded up the defensive line here because we see Wichita’s weakness lies in a presently underwhelming offensive line. While Jared Goff has no doubt improved drastically, improved protection has been a significant part of that. We feel that with a heavy defensive front featuring 5 players capable of rushing the passer, and the game’s premier run stopper we should be able to consistently win the battle at the LOS, stuff Fournette’s lanes and generate pressure on Goff forcing him into some errant throws.

In terms of coverage, we anticipate a 3 WR 1 TE setup, with the likely assignments being DRC on Dez, CHJ on Parker and Ryan on Decker/Stills. Reshad Jones will primarily be tasked with the receivers out of the backfield while Alexander will take the, presumably Benjamin Watson.

Overall there isn’t too much we’re planning on doing defensively to disrupt Wichita, it’s just play our game and let our talent shine through.

As much as I'd love to pick Wichita, Louisiana doesn't have a single hole on their roster outside of RT and the ILB position. 

Wichita stays around for the first quarter before Brady throws 4 TDs in the final 3 Qs to ice them. 35-17 Louisiana. 

4 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

As much as I'd love to pick Wichita, Louisiana doesn't have a single hole on their roster outside of RT and the ILB position. 

Wichita stays around for the first quarter before Brady throws 4 TDs in the final 3 Qs to ice them. 35-17 Louisiana. 

When Wheezy says both OTs have been under performing and Tunsil is a 53rd overall OT in the league, you may want to reconsider that one weak olinemen position.

The second funny thing is his game plan is run heavy (mine is as well)... yet you are saying Brady is going to throw 4 TDs...  there literally would be no time to run upvthat many points. I'm just kinda laughing over here. 

Thanks for voting Dingo.

I'm not fond of what Lousiana tried here. a 6th OL in the base formation and a run-heavy gameplan against a solid run defense when you have Brady and four good wideouts is weird. On the other end, I understand where PR is coming from on his offensive gameplan, but I don't think they run inside against that defense, and, while it's possible they may be able to run outside, especially with multiple TEs, it might become a bit predictable. 

Wichita keeps it close, and make a game out of this one against all odds. I even think Goff can answer to Brady in the 4th. But in the end, when the passing games open up a little bit and the defensive lines become tired, I think Louisiana receivers make a play or two more than Wichita's. 26-20 Jazz

17 hours ago, PR said:

When Wheezy says both OTs have been under performing and Tunsil is a 53rd overall OT in the league, you may want to reconsider that one weak olinemen position.

The second funny thing is his game plan is run heavy (mine is as well)... yet you are saying Brady is going to throw 4 TDs...  there literally would be no time to run upvthat many points. I'm just kinda laughing over here. 

Thanks for voting Dingo.

You are welcome. 

both teams come out with a nice plan, I think the extra lineman will definetely help for Lukic here although I don't know why it's DRC against Dez and not Harris

Regardless Brady does just enough to win in the end

Louisiana 24-21

Archived