Covid19 reserve list

Deadpulse

That last line in the Vikings release; Clubs may not disclose whehter player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19. That makes me think they are going to suppress that info and not confirm if anyone gets covid or not. I wonder if the NFLPA insisted on that for player privacy or if that is the NFL trying to keep that out of the public eye so they can keep the season going. 

My brother drafted Raegor in our Madden online franchise (ironically to the Vikes) and he ended up having the best WR career ever. So I’m going to keep a keen eye on him.

But I’m happy to have Jefferson 🙂

Edited by Duluther

19 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Me too!  It looks like it didn't take long for the Vikings to make the decision:

I've seen that. Good for your front office. I'm sure we were just as pleased to pass for Reagor. That doesn't mean anything really.

I could bring up receipts from your forum from before the draft, but I don't think that's necessary.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Duluther said:

My brother drafted Raegor in our Madden online franchise (ironically to the Vikes) and he ended up having the best WR career ever. So I’m going to keep a keen eye on him.

But I’m happy to have Jefferson 

Jefferson is a nice player and has a higher floor tbh. There is definitely worse picks you guys could've made.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've seen that. Good for your front office. I'm sure we were just as pleased to pass for Reagor. That doesn't mean anything really.

I could bring up receipts from your forum from before the draft, but I don't think that's necessary.

We don't know anything right now.  Either one of them could blow up and become a Hall of Famer.  Reagor was a good prospect too and should be a good one.  I was just surprised the Eagles went with him because so many of the so-called "experts" had Jefferson going to you guys before the draft, but I am by no means an expert myself.  I can't say much, because I wanted us to get Denzel Mims.  Ultimately, let's just hope they both have great careers with our teams. 

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

We don't know anything right now.  Either one of them could blow up and become a Hall of Famer.  Reagor was a good prospect too and should be a good one.  I was just surprised the Eagles went with him because so many of the so-called "experts" had Jefferson going to you guys before the draft, but I am by no means an expert myself.  I can't say much, because I wanted us to get Denzel Mims.  Ultimately, let's just hope they both have great careers with our teams. 

Yeah, but........ Vikings are probably my most disliked team outside the NFC East after that beatdown last year and the NFC Championship.

Actually New Orleans may be ahead of y'all tbh.

But, yeah they are both fine prospects. I had been eyeing Reagor since 2018. I wasn't surprised we took Reagor over him though. He fits what we desperately needed in a playmaker with the ball in his hands and also someone that can take the top off. Now the only thing is hoping our WR coach is better than the last one. We've been through like 4 or 5 in 5 years I think.

And yeah.... I didn't want Mims.

Is your guys plan to deploy Jefferson mainly from the slot or nah?

I know he probably won't play there all the time, but feel like that's best for now and have Thielen play outside more.

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, but........ Vikings are probably my most disliked team outside the NFC East after that beatdown last year and the NFC Championship.

Actually New Orleans may be ahead of y'all tbh.

But, yeah they are both fine prospects. I had been eyeing Reagor since 2018. I wasn't surprised we took Reagor over him though. He fits what we desperately needed in a playmaker with the ball in his hands and also someone that can take the top off. Now the only thing is hoping our WR coach is better than the last one. We've been through like 4 or 5 in 5 years I think.

And yeah.... I didn't want Mims.

Is your guys plan to deploy Jefferson mainly from the slot or nah?

I know he probably won't play there all the time, but feel like that's best for now and have Thielen play outside more.

I'm not sure what they will do, but you are probably right that it would be best to have Jefferson start out in the slot and move Thielen outside, at least for this season.  I actually still like Mims, and I heard in an interview that he is actually a Vikings fan, so that would have been nice. 

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

While being put on the Covid list can be due to either "testing positive" or "close contact with someone who did", considering that the 'Rona can cause permanent damage to the heart, lungs, and brain I wonder how many promising careers for young athletes will be destroyed by the virus.

• Like 1

What does being put on the Reserve/Covid list actually mean in real terms? Are the players able to be called back up at any time or do they have to have a specific time frame they have to sit on the list like IR, or they have to be tested negative to return? I'm assuming if you're on the list you dont count on the roster number..........