Covid19 reserve list

Deadpulse

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

However, I think we can all agree - in the grand scheme of things, football is pretty low on the totem pole in regards to priorities.

I agree. But the problem is that I don’t think that COVID is going away. I’m very skeptical about a reliable vaccine anytime soon. So at some point those involved in the NFL just need to decide whether or not they want to play football within the next two years. Because I’d be very surprised if the risks will be much lower next year. The fastest a vaccine has ever been mass produced is 4 years. 

It’s not like you can’t get COVID in the community. Heck...if you have a decent bubble, you are probably MORE protected than you are in the community. Remember that these players and coaches were getting COVID well before team activities. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I agree. But the problem is that I don’t think that COVID is going away. I’m very skeptical about a reliable vaccine anytime soon. So at some point those involved in the NFL just need to decide whether or not they want to play football within the next two years. Because I’d be very surprised if the risks will be much lower next year. The fastest a vaccine has ever been mass produced is 4 years. 

It’s not like you can’t get COVID in the community. Heck...if you have a decent bubble, you are probably MORE protected than you are in the community. Remember that these players and coaches were getting COVID well before team activities. 

I can't disagree with any of this. I do believe a vaccine will be developed sooner rather than later, and other (more effective) countermeasures will be available to manage those who do have the virus; Which is the crux of my belief, more effective countermeasures for those who are infected. A vaccine/booster is ideal, but if we can get efficient in treating those who contract the virus, we can reach a safer situation overall.

That should lower the risk to a more manageable situation - sure, you'll still need to maintain our new normals, but infection doesn't necessarily mean mandatory two week quarantines. If you test positive, you get a "roided out Z-Pak" if you will, you're dropped into into a quarantine state for 3-5 days and you're back in action - the virus is out of your system in a few days vs a few weeks. You get people back in action and you (hopefully) limit any long term damage to organs (which I'd argue is more detrimental to a pro athlete).

I'm positive I'm very optimistic on this - but I think it COULD work. Right?

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Apparently Stafford was added for a false positive and Kelly is not happy, says her and the kids have been harassed since Matthew was put on the Covid list.

Yeah, he doesn't have the virus, but was put on the reserve list...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/matthew-staffords-false-positive-covid-19-test-is-just-the-tip-of-an-imperfect-nfl-season-000903778.html

• 2 weeks later...