RBs Outside the Top-15-Who are you taking?

JaguarCrazy2832

I think there are roughly 14-16 RBs that have RB1 or RB2 potential in fantasy without any injuries or extenuating circumstance. However outside of that there are alot of over the hill guys and rookies without a clear path plus the Covid factor of them being less "developed" transitioning to their first year in the pros that I wouldn't as my #2 which is exactly where they'd be drafted)

David Johnson- Injury-prone big time and in an offense that doesnt run much

Todd Gurley- Wheels are falling off, still some TD potential but definitely on the decline

Leveon Bell & Melvin Gordon- Miserable running the ball, with a ton of miles and little to no upside

Jonathan Taylor & DeAndre Swift- Talented and have the draft pedigree to warrant the touches but Mack and Kerryon aren't going anywhere soon. Taylor's OL makes him ultra interesting but the opportunity lies with Swift because Kerryon has injury issues

James Conner- Coming off multiple stints in your IR spot in 2019

Ronald Jones- Having Brady should allow for opportunity but Ke'Shawn Vaughn will eat into his numbers more than any back in 2019 did

David Montgomery- Definitely having buyers remorse with this one after his atrocious rookie season but with average QB play he could be had for a decent price. 

Cam Akers-Mark Ingram-Raheem Mostert-Devin Singletary- Considering where they are ranked on the list I'd prefer them to most everyone listed above and they might even be drafted as #3s which would be great

So thats about 30 RBs mentioned but I'd say only 6 teams(in a 12 team league) will be able to find 2 start-worthy RBs in the draft.

Thoughts? Did I oversell or underrate anyone you hate/love?

I will say I'm in the minority where I don't play PPR in re-draft leagues so some of these guys are more valuable in those formats

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think there are roughly 14-16 RBs that have RB1 or RB2 potential in fantasy without any injuries or extenuating circumstance. However outside of that there are alot of over the hill guys and rookies without a clear path plus the Covid factor of them being less "developed" transitioning to their first year in the pros that I wouldn't as my #2 which is exactly where they'd be drafted)

David Johnson- Injury-prone big time and in an offense that doesnt run much

Todd Gurley- Wheels are falling off, still some TD potential but definitely on the decline

Leveon Bell & Melvin Gordon- Miserable running the ball, with a ton of miles and little to no upside

Jonathan Taylor & DeAndre Swift- Talented and have the draft pedigree to warrant the touches but Mack and Kerryon aren't going anywhere soon. Taylor's OL makes him ultra interesting but the opportunity lies with Swift because Kerryon has injury issues

James Conner- Coming off multiple stints in your IR spot in 2019

Ronald Jones- Having Brady should allow for opportunity but Ke'Shawn Vaughn will eat into his numbers more than any back in 2019 did

David Montgomery- Definitely having buyers remorse with this one after his atrocious rookie season but with average QB play he could be had for a decent price. 

Cam Akers-Mark Ingram-Raheem Mostert-Devin Singletary- Considering where they are ranked on the list I'd prefer them to most everyone listed above and they might even be drafted as #3s which would be great

So thats about 30 RBs mentioned but I'd say only 6 teams(in a 12 team league) will be able to find 2 start-worthy RBs in the draft.

Thoughts? Did I oversell or underrate anyone you hate/love?

I will say I'm in the minority where I don't play PPR in re-draft leagues so some of these guys are more valuable in those formats

I like Gordon more than most I think. Bell got a new offensive line but Gase gonna Gase so probably staying away.

I agree wit your last state about Akers/Ingram/Mostert/Singletary.

I'm iffy on Conner and DJ this year... Maybe Conner more but those injuries get a bit annoying.  I'm not even sure I liked what I saw from DJ before his season was done.

I think I'd take a chance on Gurley over Bell, DJ and Conner. I think Gordon > Gurley.

Overall, I don't like the idea of waiting till round 3/4 to pick a  starting RB this year.  However I wouldn't mind Akers/Monty/Mostert/Singletary as my bye week/RB3.

At the right price, I'll stash the other rookies not named Akers.

I like Henderson more than Akers, particularly with the lack of preseason.  Henderson in the 9th/10th round, I think would be a good get.  No one talking about JK Dobbins either.  Sure it’ll probably be a timeshare to start, but I think he’ll be the most complete back in that roster sooner rather than later. A bit of a long play,  but he’ll get his touches as the year progresses 

4 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I like Henderson more than Akers, particularly with the lack of preseason.  Henderson in the 9th/10th round, I think would be a good get.  No one talking about JK Dobbins either.  Sure it’ll probably be a timeshare to start, but I think he’ll be the most complete back in that roster sooner rather than later. A bit of a long play,  but he’ll get his touches as the year progresses 

Almost a contradictory take there because Ingram was much better than Henderson last year but you think Dobbins has a bigger role than Akers who will also lack preseason as well

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

I’m targeting Mostart, David Johnson and Ingram the most at their draft price. 

Conner, Gordon and Singletary, if I can get them as a value, I’m happy to take them 

Taylor, Mack, Gurley, Montgomery, I’ll take with hesitation. Taylor’s hesitation is mostly draft price. I’m happy with the talent but I don’t think Mack is going to disappear. 

Im avoiding the Rams, Bucs and Lions backfields if I can help them. Those backfields look like a mess that I’m not trying to get involved in 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I was a huge Henderson guy in the predraft process. Boy was I wrong...probably more wrong that any RB I looked at over the last 5 years. His vision sucks, his agility sucks, and his ability to break tackles sucks. He is a north south, tight hipped, undersized speedster who is a liability in pass pro. I could also be wrong on Akers, but I’m going with the unknown with big upside and draft capital to match. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m targeting Mostart, David Johnson and Ingram the most at their draft price. 

Conner, Gordon and Singletary, if I can get them as a value, I’m happy to take them 

Taylor, Mack, Gurley, Montgomery, I’ll take with hesitation. Taylor’s hesitation is mostly draft price. I’m happy with the talent but I don’t think Mack is going to disappear. 

Im avoiding the Rams, Bucs and Lions backfields if I can help them. Those backfields look like a mess that I’m not trying to get involved in 

Its an annual thing that he suffers some sort of soft tissue injury. Just that with Taylor in the mix, he may not get his job back if this happens.

I wouldn't mind Akers, Vaughn or Swift on my bench as stashes. Most year I ignore rookies and it tends to bite me in the butt but who knows about his year since they all seem to be behind the curve.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan