Bills sign CB Akeem King and DT Niles Scott. Update: King released.

Trentwannabe

23 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

With Star and EJ Gaines opting out this isn’t a surprise. Especially with Dane Jackson and Vincent Taylor currently on the Reserve/COVID list.

I like the King pick up for depth but I dont think the Scott pick up was necessary at the moment but things could change

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I like the King pick up for depth but I dont think the Scott pick up was necessary at the moment but things could change

Probably just wanted more depth on the line with Star and Taylor gone our out. Phillips probably isn’t full participant either I imagine. 

I do not get this move, you have EJ Gaines who opted out I guess they are comfortable with him and King not being on the roster. I know you have Tre, Norman, Levi, Taron, Neal (nickel safety/and some slot), and Jackson. I am not sure if Cam Lewis and Ike Brown are still on the active roster or not. Maybe I am over thinking it but it is an odd year as we do not have preseason and dont get the usual daily updates in camp so I guess it is not necessary to carry that many CBs at this time.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I do not get this move, you have EJ Gaines who opted out I guess they are comfortable with him and King not being on the roster. I know you have Tre, Norman, Levi, Taron, Neal (nickel safety/and some slot), and Jackson. I am not sure if Cam Lewis and Ike Brown are still on the active roster or not. Maybe I am over thinking it but it is an odd year as we do not have preseason and dont get the usual daily updates in camp so I guess it is not necessary to carry that many CBs at this time.

Yeah it is tough with only being allowed 80 guys right now as opposed to 90. By my count the roster looks like this:

CB: 7
DE: 8
DT: 5
FB: 2
OG: 5
K: 2
P: 2
LB: 8
LS: 1
OL: 4
OT: 6
QB: 4
RB: 5 (Wade doesn't count)
S: 6
TE: 6 (Sweeney hurt)
WR: 10 (Beasley hurt)

They basically have enough guys to run their 3 units and still have their core ST guys rostered (Dimarco, Roberts, Neal Matakevich).

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah it is tough with only being allowed 80 guys right now as opposed to 90. By my count the roster looks like this:

CB: 7
DE: 8
DT: 5
FB: 2
OG: 5
K: 2
P: 2
LB: 8
LS: 1
OL: 4
OT: 6
QB: 4
RB: 5 (Wade doesn't count)
S: 6
TE: 6 (Sweeney hurt)
WR: 10 (Beasley hurt)

They basically have enough guys to run their 3 units and still have their core ST guys rostered (Dimarco, Roberts, Neal Matakevich).

I know Dimarco is a captain for special teams but is he that necessary to have on the roster knowing that they could save 1.5 mil by cutting him? Outside of him going deep last year he has been an under utilized FB and overpaid for his services. I liked the signing at the time but I felt like he should have been utilized more to lead block but it seems like Daboll doesnt use him all that often. I know sweeney is hurt but he could easily be the H Back at times as he played some in college. 

14 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I know Dimarco is a captain for special teams but is he that necessary to have on the roster knowing that they could save 1.5 mil by cutting him? Outside of him going deep last year he has been an under utilized FB and overpaid for his services. I liked the signing at the time but I felt like he should have been utilized more to lead block but it seems like Daboll doesnt use him all that often. I know sweeney is hurt but he could easily be the H Back at times as he played some in college. 

I would have loved to have seen Gilliam get reps in pre season to see if he could have taken Dimarcos spot. I also like the idea of using Sweeney there. Especially if we keep 4 TEs anyway.