Around the NFL

lumberjackchris

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 2:38 PM, lumberjackchris said:

The Pats now up to 8 opt outs....I know most have medical reasons but it’s a sinking ship. They just better not tank enough to get Lawrence....

and they have like $30M in cap space to front end a contract for someone like Clowney?? 

On 8/2/2020 at 1:38 PM, lumberjackchris said:

The Pats now up to 8 opt outs....I know most have medical reasons but it’s a sinking ship. They just better not tank enough to get Lawrence....

I'm thinking - if Belly lands 1.1, he's more likely to trade it away for a bevy of picks over several years.

Which is more dangerous - Belly with Lawrence, or Belly with four picks in rounds 1 and 2 for the next three to four years? (Mind you, I'm probably the biggest Lawrence Stan on the site - he's one of two QBs I'd take over Watson, the other being the half billion QB in KC).

If you give Belly eight premium picks over the next four years, he's going to find a QB... as well as another TE, two great DEs, a big time WR and an entire IOL group that will solidify the inside of the OL.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Eagles Andre Dillard tore his pec and is done for the season.....honestly I’m surprised we haven’t seen more of this thus far.

Oh .. there's been plenty.

- The rookie S class is basically out for the season, Grant Delpit tore his achilles and Xavier McKinney broke his foot.

- Chargers WR Mike Williams out a few weeks with a shoulder injury.

- Bears RB David Montgomery out a month with a groin pull.

- Cardinals CB Robert Alford out for season with a torn pec.

- Cowboys DT Gerald McCoy out for season with quad rupture.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Oh .. there's been plenty.

- The rookie S class is basically out for the season, Grant Delpit tore his achilles and Xavier McKinney broke his foot.

- Chargers WR Mike Williams out a few weeks with a shoulder injury.

- Bears RB David Montgomery out a month with a groin pull.

- Cardinals CB Robert Alford out for season with a torn pec.

- Cowboys DT Gerald McCoy out for season with quad rupture.

I meant specifically torn pectorals with guys probably benching more than they should and getting to bulky 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...