What Frightened You The Most as a Child?

Scoundrel

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Only as a child? They're the worst things on the planet. And a big reason I won't leave the frozen midwest.

They scare me now, but I'm daddy - so I have to internalize the fear while swinging a deadly shoe.

Leprechaun. Always thought he’d be standing behind my shower curtain when I pulled it back. Still kinda think about it. 

Sometimes expected my bathroom sink to bubble up blood like in It. 

My parents gave me my own bedroom away from my brother in the unfinished upstairs and a chunk of insulation hung from the ceiling and it looked like a pirate ghost or something 

19 hours ago, Dome said:

Didn’t even make the local news in 2007

You old *****

19 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Almost unbelievable one would say. They stopped doing that at my school when an old Vietnam Vet who suffered from PTSD (job was to defuse bombs, best math teacher I ever had) barricaded himself and his students in the classroom, arming himself with blunt objects and scissors, and refused to open the door until his teacher friend next door came to help talk to him.

What a badass

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Leprechaun. Always thought he’d be standing behind my shower curtain when I pulled it back. Still kinda think about it. 

Sometimes expected my bathroom sink to bubble up blood like in It. 

My parents gave me my own bedroom away from my brother in the unfinished upstairs and a chunk of insulation hung from the ceiling and it looked like a pirate ghost or something 

starring jennifer aniston GIF
International Talk Like A Pirate Day GIF by swerk

Ice fishing for me. 

I love fishing - From shore, in waders, on a boat, etc., but when I was little - maybe 4 - my dad took me ice fishing. I don't even remember what lake it was. It was pretty early in the season but there was a good 6" of ice. It was really really clear and you could see everything underneath, which was strike one. Then my dad used the auger to make my fishing hole, thinking that I would be content to ya know, fish, while he drilled one for the tip up and for himself. Instead, I decided to test my winter gear by sticking my entire leg in the hole before he was done with the next one. Needless to say he was pretty pissed - strike two. On our way off of the lake, having done no fishing and knowing that my dad was angry, I started hearing the ice shifting on the lake, and was convinced that we were going to fall through before we got off. Strike three. 

From that point forward, any time my dad wanted to go ice fishing I would have nightmares the night before, and would be so scared while we were out there that I eventually just refused to go. I'm good now, but dang that was a rough 10-15 years.