What Frightened You The Most as a Child?

Scoundrel

I was afraid of dogs as a kid.  I was bitten several times, and if I saw a loose dog, I froze.

I never got scared by horror movies really, but I used to have a dream that this California Raisin doll I had in my room came to life Chucky style and attacked me.

I hated bugs, but I grew out of it.   I still hate them....but not scared hate.

Seen a movie when I was younger. Family was traveling on the highway and the younger brother and sister jokingly buckled the older sleeping sister’s seat belt. They got in a wreck and the car caught fire. The older sister couldn’t unbuckle her seat belt and everyone else had cleared from the car and she died in the fire. She then started haunting her siblings. It took me quite a few years before I would put a seat belt on. At the time wearing seat belts hadn’t been made a law (I’m old). 

On 8/7/2020 at 6:46 AM, Wyld Stallyns said:

Seen a movie when I was younger. Family was traveling on the highway and the younger brother and sister jokingly buckled the older sleeping sister’s seat belt. They got in a wreck and the car caught fire. The older sister couldn’t unbuckle her seat belt and everyone else had cleared from the car and she died in the fire. She then started haunting her siblings. It took me quite a few years before I would put a seat belt on. At the time wearing seat belts hadn’t been made a law (I’m old). 

200.gif

On 8/7/2020 at 6:09 AM, 43M said:

I was afraid of dogs as a kid.  I was bitten several times, and if I saw a loose dog, I froze.

I never got scared by horror movies really, but I used to have a dream that this California Raisin doll I had in my room came to life Chucky style and attacked me.

I hated bugs, but I grew out of it.   I still hate them....but not scared hate.

Scared Dog GIF

california raisins raisin GIF

bugs cockroach GIF by Cheezburger

Y'know that rat from Lady and the Tramp? Yeah, that terrified me probably up until my early teens. 

I was also deadly afraid of storms after we had a F1 tornado hit in '98 as a kid. Severe anxiety attacks up until I was probably 15 or 16 anytime it would start to storm pretty bad. 

26 minutes ago, D82 said:

Y'know that rat from Lady and the Tramp? Yeah, that terrified me probably up until my early teens. 

I was also deadly afraid of storms after we had a F1 tornado hit in '98 as a kid. Severe anxiety attacks up until I was probably 15 or 16 anytime it would start to storm pretty bad. 

romantic lady and the tramp GIFstorm storming GIF

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Counselor said:

romantic lady and the tramp GIFstorm storming GIF

It's funny because since then I've held several rats and think they're pretty chill...and I've delivered mail while we've been under a tornado warning with no cares.

• Like 1