James Daniels Bulked Up Massively

soulman

Daniels showed potential in his rookie year that led me to believe he was a future perennial pro-bowl player and potential all-pro.

He regressed massively in his sophomore season in terms of tech.  Given his age he should have came back stronger and better.  He did not.

It looks like he has taken a different tact this year.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2020 at 8:56 AM, dll2000 said:

Daniels showed potential in his rookie year that led me to believe he was a future perennial pro-bowl player and potential all-pro.

He regressed massively in his sophomore season in terms of tech.  Given his age he should have came back stronger and better.  He did not.

It looks like he has taken a different tact this year.

That age was legit 21 haha.....I dont have super strong opinions on this pick yet but when you pick young guys this is kind of what you're picking.

I dont get the idea of drafting super young guys and wanting them to perform like 22 year olds while getting 2 extra years.

You just cant have your cake and eat it too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

That age was legit 21 haha.....I dont have super strong opinions on this pick yet but when you pick young guys this is kind of what you're picking.

I dont get the idea of drafting super young guys and wanting them to perform like 22 year olds while getting 2 extra years.

You just cant have your cake and eat it too.

When you come in at 20ish you should start bad and get better, not start good and come back crappy.   Just immaturity in preparation.

Edmunds in Buffalo is coming on very strong now and he came in young as well.   Allen Robinson came into league very young too I would surmise given he is like a 9 year vet and is still young.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

When you come in at 20ish you should start bad and get better, not start good and come back crappy.   Just immaturity in preparation.

Edmunds in Buffalo is coming on very strong now and he came in young as well.   Allen Robinson came into league very young too I would surmise given he is like a 9 year vet and is still young.

There is a lot of physical maturing that happens in your early 20s. Maybe that is what we are seeing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I suspect the shift to OC didn't help his confidence much once he got "owned" by some bigger DTs and NTs.

It's possible they should have asked him to bulk up a bit for 2019 but if they planned to use him at OC maybe they didn't feel it was necessary.

This year he knows he's gonna be the starting LG and he took it on himself to add the bulk needed.  If he bounces back, and I think he will, I can give him a pass for one bad year.

• Like 1