Food Draft - Meal Presentation

MKnight82

Cuisine de SwAg

Beverage:
Bottomless Mojitos
- White rum, fresh key lime juice, pineapple sage, sugar, and soda water.  Add fresh peach or blackberry puree for another sweet twist!

Shared Plates

Buttermilk Biscuits and Gravy
- Handmade flaky and tender southern buttermilk biscuits served with an indulgent duck gravy.

Duck Lollipops:
- A dozen duck wings seasoned with Chinese Five-Spice, tossed in a blackberry-citrus sauce made from blackberries flambeed with rum, sugar, fresh lime juice, scallions, and Calabrian Chilli for a sweet-heat twist, and finished with lime zest.

Quail Egg & Caviar Flatbread:
- Grilled handmade flatbread topped with sunny-side-up quail eggs, scallions sautéed in fresh hand-pressed olive oil, sprinkled with homemade sweet cheese, and finished with kaluga caviar.

Entree:

Duck Truffle Carbonara
- Fresh handmade linguini pasta tossed in a decadent carbonara sauce made with duck eggs, duck bacon, white truffle, scallions, arugula, Calabrian Chilli, and lime-zest, topped with a pan-seared duck breast.

Shared Side:

Duck Poutine
- Fresh cut spuds, double fried in fresh-pressed olive oil and finished in duck fat, topped with a hardy duck gravy, homemade cheese curds, and diced scallions.

Dessert to Share:

Coconut-Key Lime Pie
- Classic key lime custard in a "not-so-classic, but oh-so-delicious" coconut macaroon crust, topped with meringue and candied key lime slices.

Custard Nachos
-  A mountain of homemade creamy blackberry and peach custard on a cold plate, accompanied with "right-out-the-frier" waffle cone chips, lightly glazed with a salted caramel sauce, served with fresh blackberry and peaches macerated with lime juice and sugar, and Chantilly cream for extra dippage!

Pantry
0A.  Salt  (N/A)
0B.  Pepper (N/A)
0C.  Water (N/A)
1.  Eggs (1.04)
2.  Heavy Cream (3.08)
3.  Duck (4.03)
4.  Cow Milk (5.04)
5.  Key Limes (5.08)
6.  King Edward Potatoes (6.03)
7.  Scallions (7.08)
8.  Beet Sugar (8.03)
9.  Green Olives (9.08)
10.  Self-Rising Flour (10.03)
11.  Sage (11.08)
12.  White Rum (12.03)
13.  Cream of Coconut (UDFA)
14.  Calabrian Chillies (UDFA)
15.  Yellow Peaches (UDFA)
16.  Arugula (UDFA)
17.  Reggianito Cheese (UDFA)
18.  Blackberries (UDFA)
19.  Coconut Macaroons (UDFA)
20.  Chinese Five-Spice (UDFA)
21.  White Truffle (UDFA)

Combinations for New Ingredients:
- Heavy Cream --> Butter and Buttermilk 
- Heavy Cream, Cow Milk, Key Lime (juice) --> Cheese / Cheese Curds
- Green Olives --> Olive Oil
- Water + CO2 Siphon --> Soda Water

Edited by SwAg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

Daniel, I hope you understand that I cannot vote for you because I am allergic to mango and half of your meal would kill me.

I’m sorry you were cursed with such weak genes.

Edited by Daniel

All right guys, I suppose it's time to present mine. Long story short, due to dietary restrictions in my family, such as my identical twin sisters having Celiac Disease (can't eat gluten/allergic to it), my mom is also on a gluten free diet and limited on some things as she's recovering from breast cancer/treatment for it, and general frustration with meal planning lends itself best in my extended family to:

*Family Style: Have a lot of options with really the same basic core concepts

AND

*Street Food: Fun and new things to try, lending itself to smaller portions but a lot more to choose from. It's basically a "Can I have a piece of that?" when you see someone else order something delicious

Essentially, this food setup is made to be shared and extensive, while also balancing the simple.

Appetizer:

Muhammara Roasted Red Pepper Dip:

Comprised of feta, Greek Yogurt, roasted red peppers (Florinis), onion, pepper, Brandywine Tomato paste, and optional ground lamb on the side for those who want to mix it in). Served with your choice of paleo naan bread or pita chips.

muhammara-recipe-8.jpg

Entre:

Deconstructed Lamb Gyros (smoked lamb shoulder) and/or smoked rack of lamb with a butter paste (Butter, Salt, Pepper, Vadouvan, for those of you who don't know it's cumin on steroids)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_G_tOiQMZt2Gei7Fd1Lr

With the gyros, I've prepared a homemade Tzatziki sauce (Yogurt, Cucumber, Mint) and have also made a chili paste available instead for those who prefer a bit of a walk on the wild side (harissa). Served with vidalia onion and brandywine tomatoes on a 4 ingredient gluten free naan flatbread (tapioca flour, coconut milk, almond flour, honey).

***NOTE****

Should you wish to put your gyros on pita chips or dip the naan bread in the roasted pepper dip, that's also an option.

*Roasted Lamb entre below*

IMG_9062-2-scaled.jpg

Dessert:

I'm offering two desserts, both of which are very simple:

Stuffed Figs with Cambozola and walnuts, drizzled in honey

Stuffed boiled dates, marinated in honey, served with feta and walnuts

• Like 1

I'm screwed. I got too content on landing beef at 5.

(I'll make this look pretty later).

- Prime Rib with au jus and horseradish

- Pan fried portabello mushroom caps

- Creamed Spinach with artichoke hearts and portabello mushroom

- Yukon gold smashed potatoes with horseradish

- Glass of Malbec

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MWil23 said:

All right guys, I suppose it's time to present mine. Long story short, due to dietary restrictions in my family, such as my identical twin sisters having Celiac Disease (can't eat gluten/allergic to it), my mom is also on a gluten free diet and limited on some things as she's recovering from breast cancer/treatment for it, and general frustration with meal planning lends itself best in my extended family to:

*Family Style: Have a lot of options with really the same basic core concepts

AND

*Street Food: Fun and new things to try, lending itself to smaller portions but a lot more to choose from. It's basically a "Can I have a piece of that?" when you see someone else order something delicious

Essentially, this food setup is made to be shared and extensive, while also balancing the simple.

Appetizer:

Muhammara Roasted Red Pepper Dip:

Comprised of feta, Greek Yogurt, roasted red peppers (Florinis), onion, pepper, Brandywine Tomato paste, and optional ground lamb on the side for those who want to mix it in). Served with your choice of paleo naan bread or pita chips.

muhammara-recipe-8.jpg

Entre:

Deconstructed Lamb Gyros (smoked lamb shoulder) and/or smoked rack of lamb with a butter paste (Butter, Salt, Pepper, Vadouvan, for those of you who don't know it's cumin on steroids)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_G_tOiQMZt2Gei7Fd1Lr

With the gyros, I've prepared a homemade Tzatziki sauce (Yogurt, Cucumber, Mint) and have also made a chili paste available instead for those who prefer a bit of a walk on the wild side (harissa). Served with vidalia onion and brandywine tomatoes on a 4 ingredient gluten free naan flatbread (tapioca flour, coconut milk, almond flour, honey).

***NOTE****

Should you wish to put your gyros on pita chips or dip the naan bread in the roasted pepper dip, that's also an option.

*Roasted Lamb entre below*

IMG_9062-2-scaled.jpg

Dessert:

I'm offering two desserts, both of which are very simple:

Stuffed Figs with Cambozola and walnuts, drizzled in honey

Stuffed boiled dates, marinated in honey, served with feta and walnuts

Also I forgot to mention that I will be serving an assortment of Single Malt Scotch with this:

Glenlivet Founders Reserve

Glenmorangie 12, 18, and Quinta Ruban

Glenfiddich 40

Edited by MWil23

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Oh good call, I forgot! I’ll edit that out and put in my personal favorite “value” scotch, Glenlivet Founders Reserve :)

I'm more of a Balvene Caribbean Cask guy lately (granted, haven't drank any sort of scotch since February...)

Blue is quality stuff, however.

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm more of a Balvene Caribbean Cask guy lately (granted, haven't drank any sort of scotch since February...)

Blue is quality stuff, however.

If you like that Caribbean Cask, the Quinta Ruban would be right in your wheelhouse. A hint of sweetness from the port cask with a nice smokey smooth finish.

• Like 1