Doug Pederson Tests Positive for COVID-19

HTTRDynasty

There is no way this season goes past 4 weeks with its current plan... coaches can’t even “keep safe” are we really supposed to believe that 53 players and then however many coaches a team carries and the equipment staff and team doctors, etc... are really going to go without becoming infected and then quickly spreading it?

The NFL are being foolish, greedy, and callous by placing these types of risks on teams to save a buck. A bubble plan should be immediately instituted for everyone’s safety. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

There is no way this season goes past 4 weeks with its current plan... coaches can’t even “keep safe” are we really supposed to believe that 53 players and then however many coaches a team carries and the equipment staff and team doctors, etc... are really going to go without becoming infected and then quickly spreading it?

The NFL are being foolish, greedy, and callous by placing these types of risks on teams to save a buck. A bubble plan should be immediately instituted for everyone’s safety. 

bubble plan isn't logistically possible for teams so large. they should honestly just not have the season at this point. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I was the opposite, but now I'm with this line of thinking. This season is basically doomed and they shouldn't go ahead with it. Football is just different to other sports that are coping.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

bubble plan isn't logistically possible for teams so large. they should honestly just not have the season at this point. 

A bubble plan is certainly possible. Obviously it couldn’t be done just like the NBA because of the roster size, but it could be done. There’s a thread in NFL General discussing it where I’ve already proposed how it could be done. Another guy also proposed a very good, possibly better solution in that thread as well. Either plan is far more insulated and responsible than what the NFL is attempting in their hubris.

Edited by diamondbull424

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I was the opposite, but now I'm with this line of thinking. This season is basically doomed and they shouldn't go ahead with it. Football is just different to other sports that are coping.

Yeah, I mean I thought MAYBE if they were isolating from the public and their families also were to isolate... if behind closed doors this is what was being demanded... then MAYYYBBBBEEE, it could work. I wasn’t confident at all, but I gave it a 20% chance of working out. But now I’m giving it no more than a 2% chance.

As within a short span we’ve already seen coaches and relevant QBs placed on the COVID list.

I can understand the idea of “playing with Fire” if there is an incredibly logical plan in place, such as the NBA’s bubble plan. But without such a plan? The NFL is literally willing to risk their young superstars such as Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, etc... all because they’re too lazy to come up with a better plan. What if one of those guys dies or even just gets severely sick to where their lungs never bounce back to be able to compete in the NFL again? That’s negligence of the highest degree.

A legit bubble would force the NFL to do a lot of renegotiations with tv deals, it would force them to negotiate with different local venues about using prime real estate for their bubble locations. Then it would demand players and coaches to go weeks at a time without families or fun... it wouldn’t be anything close to easy, but it’s the only way to give the season anything similar to a 50% chance of being completed. If they’re not willing to go through that level of difficulty, rigor, and preparation... then they shouldn’t be playing with Fire. As it’s only a matter of time before the league gets burned.