PJ Hall traded to Vikings

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That dL stuff was interesting and disappeared fast I know he’s big on strippers and that scene/culture. Seems like a lil school kid that made it big and forgot what got him there.

The man’s a “finoc” (finnochio), frocio, ricchione.... ill end it there to not get banned.

did no one get my jokes?  PJ Hall is gay.  Or bi.... idk the PC term but he got caught sending butt and D picks to a MALE Instagram model..... like the dude got exposed!

so let’s not blame the strippers.... unless it was the Chip’N’Dale’s, lol.

dont believe me?  Ask Google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pj+hall+gay&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Edited by jimkelly02

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The man’s a “finoc” (finnochio), frocio, ricchione.... ill end it there to not get banned.

did no one get my jokes?  PJ Hall is gay.  Or bi.... idk the PC term but he got caught sending butt and D picks to a MALE Instagram model..... like the dude got exposed!

so let’s not blame the strippers.... unless it was the Chip’N’Dale’s, lol.

dont believe me?  Ask Google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pj+hall+gay&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Lol never knew that 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo Dion Jordan Lightweight outplayed him I’d pick Dion up 

At this point we have to sign Jordan it seems.

We can all Bad talk Hall now that he’s gone but the man played 52% of the snaps last year.... which is a lot for a DT.  And if you watch the tape he was solid versus the run.  He was making moderate strides.    He just wasn’t a playmaker yet and was somewhat inconsistent.  But at no point was anyone calling for his head (with actual reasons).

Hall could have been a key player on this team.  He could have been a starter.  He should have been starting alongside Hankins to stuff the run in early downs then bring in Collins and hurry to pass rush..... so they don’t get worn down versus the run.... an area they struggle.

hall coming into camp in such poor shape he had to be cut/traded is a major disappointment for this team.  He should have been a major contributor on the DL and the perfect yin (run defense) to Hurst+Collins (pass rush) yang.

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

jury is still out. he wasn't that good last year, either. we're just comparing to what was an abysmal rookie campaign (yes i know injuries were significant that year)

Miller was pretty decent last year.  He wasn’t a top 10 LT by any means but he was a very solid starter and really came on around mid season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

But I think there’s a huge difference in coming into camp out of shape with 15/20 /+ pounds of additional fat (for the second year in a row) and coming in bulked up, having added lean muscle.

at some point Mayock has to realize the guy just isn’t giving his all and being professional.  He was warned and obviously just didn’t care... and has to go at that point.

Completely agree.  Just saying he should have more wiggle room weight wise since there is positional movement.  If it is a party thing or just letting himself go then I completely understand.  I hope we just did not cut ties without trying to work with him.  As far as the other stuff you said I would hope that did not play into their decision.  If there is evidence and it gets out the NFL will have no choice but to come down hard on us to save face with every else going on.

30 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Completely agree.  Just saying he should have more wiggle room weight wise since there is positional movement.  If it is a party thing or just letting himself go then I completely understand.  I hope we just did not cut ties without trying to work with him.  As far as the other stuff you said I would hope that did not play into their decision.  If there is evidence and it gets out the NFL will have no choice but to come down hard on us to save face with every else going on.

Oh I totally agree with your point about wiggle room.  To go further with it..... it was never about Him weighing a specific number.... it was about his overall condition and just being overly flabby.  If the strength coach gave him a target weight of 315 to start camp (and he was 308 to end the season) and he came into camp at 325 yoked up with a Takeo Spikes neck were praising him not trading him.

there was a reason why they wanted Hall at a lower, leaner weight: his body couldn’t effectively hold the excess fat.  

Also, trading him away was a tough choice to make.  I’m certain we could have fined him and made him run lapses while everyone practiced, until he was in proper shape.  We put ourselves in a major rut by trading him..... we were counting on him to be a major contributor.  But the decision was made: were not going to rely on a guy whose unreliable from day 1 and were not going to waste a roster spot to develop a player who can’t be in our long term plan because of his lack of dedication to the team and professionalism.

Apparently it’s a CONDITIONAL 7th we got for Hall.

Well I looked at Minnesota’s depth chart:

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/MIN
.... and we might get nothing outta this trade.

At DT, they have Jaleel Johnson and Shamar Stephen starting plus ‘19 6th Rd Armon Watts, ‘18 4th Rd Jaylyn Holmes (a DE/DT combo), ‘20 4th James lynch, and 2 scrubs.   

lynch has a very good chance to make team given his draft status... plus he’s a good pass rusher.

Jaylyn Holmes is more of a DE than DT, plus he’s only played 150 snaps in 2 years.
 https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HolmJa01/gamelog/2019/

Armon Watts didn’t play a ton last year either. 
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WattAr01/gamelog/2019/

I assume best case scenario they’ll keep 4 DTs plus Holmes as a “DE/DT 9th DLmen”.  So Hall will have to beat our Watts for a roster spot.  I think he’s definitely more talented but he is new to Minnesota and they invested a draft pick into Watts just last year.  Hall being out of shape won’t help him early.  

its 50/50 we get a pick for Hall IMO and only time will tell... as it’s too close to call.

Its likely the condition is at least Hall is on the roster week 1.  Minnesota could always cut Hall at deadline and roll with Watts until week 2 and then resign Hall. Teams do that sneaky move more often then you’d think.

Edited by jimkelly02

A shame. Guy probably has the talent to be a fringe starter but doesnt appear to have the work ethic.

I'm not that worried that we cannot find a replacement though. Every year before the season starts some starting d-liner is going to be cut since he is overpaid for just being a run stuffing guy. We won't find a guy with pass rushing potential from the inside, but a rotational run stuffer should certainly be doable.

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

The sad part is that he feels he cannot be open about his sexuality if that is the case, no doubt a large number of NFL players are in the same boat.

Maybe that was a cause for distraction or consternation but at the end of the day it seems his work ethic and failure to knuckle down ultimately let him down and to be fair to the FO he had several very clear warning signs and didn't heed them. Hope he gets his life together and works things out, the NFL needs a good role model in that area.