XFL Purchased by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, $4 Billion Investment Firm

HoboRocket

What they are buying out of bankruptcy are brands, IP, and legal rights. They'd still need to sign players and coaches and probably new leases, etc. But it only costs Johnson less than half what he gets for a movie. This could potentially be profitable for him if there is an XFL season next spring.

8 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t see it working but they should absolutely stay away from immobile QBs and coaches who want to run “pro style” offenses. It’s unwatchable with minor league players.

I didn’t follow the XFL, but why did they encourage anything? Shouldn’t the league let teams determine their style of offense?

9 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The XFL is so dead I think this would be legitimately more entertaining as a WWE storyline. The Rock goes to by the XFL to hand it over to Stone Cold Steve Austin, but he's foiled at the last second by Vince McMahan for some reason. The bankruptcy judge (played by the Undertaker) declares that the XFL will be awarded to the winner of SummerSlam.

Now, i didn't really watch it, some highlights once in a while. But wasn't the XFL overall well received and had good ratings ?

2 hours ago, NinerFever said:

Now, i didn't really watch it, some highlights once in a while. But wasn't the XFL overall well received and had good ratings ?

Started out good with great ratings. Quickly sank. Personally the novelty wore off after a couple weeks. Plus the team I picked sucked. Was kinda like if we didnt know anything about college football and were randomly picking favorite teams. And you picked Clemson. Turns out a great choice. And I picked Kansas. Then every week my Kansas squad was facing Alabama, Clemson, OU, Georgia. Some areas and fan bases vanished instantly. So ratings dropped to like 40% of what the first week was real quick.

• Like 1