Juwan James out for the year

10 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1290325285112631296

James opts out due to COVID. Got to say, lot of quit in that dude. Time to move on.

Yeah cut him. A lot of guys I respect that are opting out but he hasn’t done anything with Denver and when he could of he didn’t have the mental strength too. Just stealing money.

And to be clear I don’t begrudge other guys for doing what they feel is best, but this one makes me roll my eyes. What a perfect opportunity for him to continue not playing football while still collecting all the money owed to him (just deferred a year). This guy is a quitter, it’s that simple. He’s the kid on your team growing up who always had a great excuse to not be out there. I doubt any of his teammates respect him and I don’t know how you can plan to have this guy around next year regardless of the dead money.

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 2

Yeah man. While I can sure empathize with the decision to avoid this season, it's a little irritating coming from a guy who has already developed a reputation of being a quitter. I'm sure it feels pretty good to get paid millions to literally not do anything. Just wish he had figured that out on someone else's dime. 

• Like 2

Not sure how this works, the opting out. We don't pay his salary, that's my understanding but do we get to remove it from the salary cap as well ?? Does it count as time against his contract, does it affect his "dead money " this year/next year ??

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Not sure how this works, the opting out. We don't pay his salary, that's my understanding but do we get to remove it from the salary cap as well ?? Does it count as time against his contract, does it affect his "dead money " this year/next year ??

Good questions. I was so elated he was gone I didn't think to ask.