49ers sign TE Jordan Reed

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Solid insurance for Kittle. Also gives the Niners ability to run a much more lethal 2 TE set 

That would imply that Reed can get and stay on the field. That said, if he can, what a ridiculous 2 TE set that could be. 

Wow. If he's healthy, this could be an incredible signing. The key here is health. Realistically, he probably should have called it quits due to the trauma he's been through. I don't want him to turn into another Tre Mason.

Edited by HoboRocket

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That would imply that Reed can get and stay on the field. That said, if he can, what a ridiculous 2 TE set that could be. 

Still, the player everyone thinks Jordan Reed is hasnt been on the field since 2015. Its almost assumed production at this point similar to other teams getting giddy when they sign Josh Gordon based on his play 7 years ago in 2013.

24 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Solid insurance for Kittle. Also gives the Niners ability to run a much more lethal 2 TE set 

he could get back even close to what he was doing 5 years back it'll be a win. 

Would have rather they went with Walker but I get it. Reed should have retired. Makes no sense with his medical history to still be trying to play. But its his life. If he contributes anything, it'll be a surprise for me. I'm not holding my breath on him contributing anything substantial.

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

he could get back even close to what he was doing 5 years back it'll be a win. 

Would have rather they went with Walker but I get it. Reed should have retired. Makes no sense with his medical history to still be trying to play. But its his life. If he contributes anything, it'll be a surprise for me. I'm not holding my breath on him contributing anything substantial.

Same guy can't stay healthy I don't expect anything from him. 

If we are being honest....I kind of would have just continued working with Ross Dwelley? I mean, I guess there's a huge upside here, but it feels like the percentages of reaching that ceiling are so minimal it's barely there. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we are being honest....I kind of would have just continued working with Ross Dwelley? I mean, I guess there's a huge upside here, but it feels like the percentages of reaching that ceiling are so minimal it's barely there. 

Question is does Dwelley make the team 

26 minutes ago, NinerFever said:

Solid signing imo.

He used to be my favorite TE.

I just hope he can stay healthy.

He can’t lol. He was healthy for basically one season and even that season he ended up hurting his shoulder. He’s a tremendous player when healthy but the idea this guy is still in the league boggles my mind. You would think teams would avoid signing him simply for his own safety and well-being.