Jets cut WR Quincy Enunwa

49erurtaza

34 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

shoulda just told him to opt out

I’m not fully educated on the opt-out rules, but what incentive would there be for him?

Its just an assumption, but if he is currently injured this release probably comes with an injury settlement as well 

Edited by Dome

15 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’m not fully educated on the opt-out rules, but what incentive would there be for him?

Its just an assumption, but if he is currently injured this release probably comes with an injury settlement as well 

well his contract would toll to next year, so he could collect the 150k this year, take the year to rehab without counting against the Jets roster or salary cap, and then try and play next year. 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

well his contract would toll to next year, so he could collect the 150k this year, take the year to rehab without counting against the Jets roster or salary cap, and then try and play next year. 

He's getting is whole salary for this season being cut. 

16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Jets weren't happy about Enunwa handling injury with his own choices(rehab, doctor, etc) last year.  I can't imagine Jets would be okay with E staying away from Jets rehabbing to his full health.   Hence, Jets moving on from E completely and accepting instant cap hit.

10 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets weren't happy about Enunwa handling injury with his own choices(rehab, doctor, etc) last year.  I can't imagine Jets would be okay with E staying away from Jets rehabbing to his full health.   Hence, Jets moving on from E completely and accepting instant cap hit.

DP’s saying Enunwa should’ve opted out, for his own benefit. 150k, another year to rehab, and if the Jets want to move on from him next year, he’d get the money then. 

51 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

DP’s saying Enunwa should’ve opted out, for his own benefit. 150k, another year to rehab, and if the Jets want to move on from him next year, he’d get the money then. 

Or he can get 6 million right now why wait a year. 

51 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Extra year to rehab + 150k. 

for simplicity, lets call it 3 mil cash that enunwa actually sees. a 4-5% return could easily, easily be had with smart moves. heck, you could see 10x that to be honest. so cash today and invest a chunk or take a "salary" as low as hes ever had and wait another year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Time value of money says it's better he take the $6mm now. 

Tycoon wise...

I didn’t know about his injury guarantee in 2021, $4.1M. So that would’ve been in jeopardy if somehow he does manage to come back, which is what he wants. 

But if an NFL return is what he wants, then the 150k, year to rehab, and then year of salary makes more sense IMO. Forgoing the tycoon route.