Jump to content
49erurtaza

Jets cut WR Quincy Enunwa

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

 

so basically the winters move was to eat up the enunwa hit as his dead cap was 11.4 compared to his cap hit of 7.8 this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sounds like he won't play this year. 

shoulda just told him to opt out

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

shoulda just told him to opt out

I’m not fully educated on the opt-out rules, but what incentive would there be for him?

Its just an assumption, but if he is currently injured this release probably comes with an injury settlement as well 

Edited by Dome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’m not fully educated on the opt-out rules, but what incentive would there be for him?

Its just an assumption, but if he is currently injured this release probably comes with an injury settlement as well 

well his contract would toll to next year, so he could collect the 150k this year, take the year to rehab without counting against the Jets roster or salary cap, and then try and play next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

well his contract would toll to next year, so he could collect the 150k this year, take the year to rehab without counting against the Jets roster or salary cap, and then try and play next year. 

He's getting is whole salary for this season being cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

shoulda just told him to opt out

He already is on PUP with out of season IR ticket so I don't think that would matter if he opted out.  Jets basically moved on from him entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

well his contract would toll to next year, so he could collect the 150k this year, take the year to rehab without counting against the Jets roster or salary cap, and then try and play next year. 

Jets weren't happy about Enunwa handling injury with his own choices(rehab, doctor, etc) last year.  I can't imagine Jets would be okay with E staying away from Jets rehabbing to his full health.   Hence, Jets moving on from E completely and accepting instant cap hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets weren't happy about Enunwa handling injury with his own choices(rehab, doctor, etc) last year.  I can't imagine Jets would be okay with E staying away from Jets rehabbing to his full health.   Hence, Jets moving on from E completely and accepting instant cap hit.

DP’s saying Enunwa should’ve opted out, for his own benefit. 150k, another year to rehab, and if the Jets want to move on from him next year, he’d get the money then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

DP’s saying Enunwa should’ve opted out, for his own benefit. 150k, another year to rehab, and if the Jets want to move on from him next year, he’d get the money then. 

Or he can get 6 million right now why wait a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Or he can get 6 million right now why wait a year. 

Extra year to rehab + 150k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Extra year to rehab + 150k. 

for simplicity, lets call it 3 mil cash that enunwa actually sees. a 4-5% return could easily, easily be had with smart moves. heck, you could see 10x that to be honest. so cash today and invest a chunk or take a "salary" as low as hes ever had and wait another year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:
1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Or he can get 6 million right now why wait a year. 

Extra year to rehab + 150k. 

Time value of money says it's better he take the $6mm now. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Time value of money says it's better he take the $6mm now. 

Tycoon wise...

I didn’t know about his injury guarantee in 2021, $4.1M. So that would’ve been in jeopardy if somehow he does manage to come back, which is what he wants. 

 But if an NFL return is what he wants, then the 150k, year to rehab, and then year of salary makes more sense IMO. Forgoing the tycoon route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...