Jets cut WR Quincy Enunwa

49erurtaza

19 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Tycoon wise...

I didn’t know about his injury guarantee in 2021, $4.1M. So that would’ve been in jeopardy if somehow he does manage to come back, which is what he wants. 

But if an NFL return is what he wants, then the 150k, year to rehab, and then year of salary makes more sense IMO. Forgoing the tycoon route.

Dude, you're talking about 2.5% of what he makes right now. Imagine taking $1,500 now to get paid $60,000 later. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Tycoon wise...

I didn’t know about his injury guarantee in 2021, $4.1M. So that would’ve been in jeopardy if somehow he does manage to come back, which is what he wants. 

But if an NFL return is what he wants, then the 150k, year to rehab, and then year of salary makes more sense IMO. Forgoing the tycoon route.

The 150K comes from next year's salary it's not new money to opt out.

I dont get why people are saying he should have opted out to keep the money, he was due guarantees that were far greater then the 150k. Yes he can rehab and then sign on to a new team making the min of 900k next year if not more. He has potential his knock is staying healthy. With this year off completely he should have time to recover and latch on to another squad next year in the meantime he got his 20 mil guaranteed with new contract plus his base salary of 6 mil this year which he may or may not get the entire thing. I dont see what benefit of him sitting out 1 year to collect 150k when his value will be higher on the open market next offseason.

10 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Doesn't Enunwa get both the $6M owed this year, plus the $4.1M injury guarantee money for 2021?

depends on if they flat out cut him or if they end up negotiating a settlement but you should assume he will get 10.1 mil for being let go. I do know their cap hit was far greater by cutting him then keeping him on the roster and letting him go next year which to me is a sign they want to purge as much now and have the cap space moving forward for Douglas to build his own roster. New GM and likely a new HC next year (unless Gase pulls a miracle) would be a fresh start for Douglas to do what he wants. Cutting guys from old GM is typical so it will be interesting to see if this team retools or does an overhaul like the bills and dolphins have done recently

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

Doesn't Enunwa get both the $6M owed this year, plus the $4.1M injury guarantee money for 2021?

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

depends on if they flat out cut him or if they end up negotiating a settlement but you should assume he will get 10.1 mil for being let go. I do know their cap hit was far greater by cutting him then keeping him on the roster and letting him go next year which to me is a sign they want to purge as much now and have the cap space moving forward for Douglas to build his own roster. New GM and likely a new HC next year (unless Gase pulls a miracle) would be a fresh start for Douglas to do what he wants. Cutting guys from old GM is typical so it will be interesting to see if this team retools or does an overhaul like the bills and dolphins have done recently

Releasing a player and releasing a player with injury settlement are different official announcements.   Jets released Enunwa and Enunwa got all injury guarantee remaining on the contract.   To be fair, despite he isn't retiring his chance to play again in NFLis zero-5% so using opt out exercise doesn't make a slight difference whatsoever.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Releasing a player and releasing a player with injury settlement are different official announcements.   Jets released Enunwa and Enunwa got all injury guarantee remaining on the contract.   To be fair, despite he isn't retiring his chance to play again in NFLis zero-5% so using opt out exercise doesn't make a slight difference whatsoever.

why do you assume he has a 5% chance of playing again in the NFL? teams will take the vet min risk on him as he is still fairly young and if healthy he could definitely be of promise even at a depth move as he has potential to be better then others when healthy. You guys paid him to be a #2 at worst on the team so I just find it hard to believe that he has that little of chance to play again unless the doctor is telling him he cant.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

why do you assume he has a 5% chance of playing again in the NFL? teams will take the vet min risk on him as he is still fairly young and if healthy he could definitely be of promise even at a depth move as he has potential to be better then others when healthy. You guys paid him to be a #2 at worst on the team so I just find it hard to believe that he has that little of chance to play again unless the doctor is telling him he cant.

We didn't cut him because he wasn't good enough - his health is a valid concern.

But if Reed was signed, I'm sure someone will kick the tires on Enunwa.

20 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

We didn't cut him because he wasn't good enough - his health is a valid concern.

But if Reed was signed, I'm sure someone will kick the tires on Enunwa.

I know it was for health issues as he has yet to stay healthy but my point was responding to your argument that he will likely retire and that a 5% of him playing in the league again. If he has a year off to recoup then he could come back next year and latch on to a team that needs depth or a solid 2/3 wr as Enunwa was projected to be before injury issues.