Sign in to follow this  
Danger

2020 Training Camp

1 hour ago, Danger said:

As a Lakers and Eagles fan.... I love it.

Apparently he’s up 15-20 lbs. Hes listed at 235. I highly doubt he’s 250 lbs now. He always seemed a little skinny to me. He’s prb at 235-240 now with putting that weight on. So now maybe instead of getting his head buried into the ground by Clowney he can stiff arm him. Just hope it doesn’t mess with his quickness in the pocket. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Apparently he’s up 15-20 lbs. Hes listed at 235. I highly doubt he’s 250 lbs now. He always seemed a little skinny to me. He’s prb at 235-240 now with putting that weight on. So now maybe instead of getting his head buried into the ground by Clowney he can stiff arm him. Just hope it doesn’t mess with his quickness in the pocket. 

Nah. He's AT LEAST 240 rn.

He weighed in at 237 lbs coming out of NDSU and he looks significantly bigger and muscle weighs more than fat.

Whether he's at 240 or 250 right now... some of that weight is coming off  training camp and as the season progresses (if it does).

I just hope he did leg day lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Figured Goodwin would opt out. No surprise there.

Time for John Hightower to step up.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Time for John Hightower to step up.

I think it's a blessing disguise. Goodwin was going to have people tearing hammies with his 40 yard dash challenges, and I'd much rather have Hightower and Quez get extra reps. I'm sure Goodwin would have been nice the 7 games he was healthy for as a pure deep threat that was never going to beat press coverage, but let Pez (One little bite and he's gone) Watkins and John Qwick (too easy) get those reps.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

So it’s just DeSean and the youngin’s. Welp we’ll see how this goes 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I think it's a blessing disguise. Goodwin was going to have people tearing hammies with his 40 yard dash challenges, and I'd much rather have Hightower and Quez get extra reps. I'm sure Goodwin would have been nice the 7 games he was healthy for as a pure deep threat that was never going to beat press coverage, but let Pez (One little bite and he's gone) Watkins and John Qwick (too easy) get those reps.

I doubt we'll see much of Watkins this year unless its special teams tbh.

I thought he might not make the roster of be the last guy to make it before this Goodwin news.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Figured Goodwin would opt out. No surprise there.

Does this mean that he comes off the books for this season?

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wanna say that any player who opts out gets $150K opt out money, unless they have an underlying condition, then I think it's like $350K, and their 2020 money rolls over to 2021.

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think yes, he gets paid that minimum amount for the people who opt out, then the contract moves to next year. He’ll probably never play here with the way our cap is in 2021.

On the surface losing Goodwin somewhat sucks but let's be honest, how much of a difference could he have made? I'd honestly rather have all the young guys take his reps to begin with. Especially Watkins and Hightower. I'm excited about those two, wish there were pre season games to watch them perform in.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

On the surface losing Goodwin somewhat sucks but let's be honest, how much of a difference could he have made? I'd honestly rather have all the young guys take his reps to begin with. Especially Watkins and Hightower. I'm excited about those two, wish there were pre season games to watch them perform in.

Lack of preseason games and camp is one of the reasons why I think having a veteran WR would have been nice. So essentially we moved back 20 spots in the 6th - at least the cost was not overly high for him.