2020 Training Camp

Danger

Also, I went back and read Herbig's scouting report and I don't understand why we like the guy for our offense. Doesn't really seem like much of a scheme fit.

From all the reports I've read and listened to (like 3 or 4 different podcasts for each practice) it doesn't really seem like he's stood out in a good way too much.

I hope Jason plays next year and we draft his replacement in 2020 or at the latest 2021.

Thought Driscoll might see time at center, but seems he's mainly just been at RT with the second team.

Speaking of Jack Driscoll he has got praise from Doug as one of the guys who has stood out and also Brandon Graham also mentioned him in an interview the other day.

Although he was a little off with his name lol

This draft class has really shown some good signs through the first week of media availability. 

K'Von and Prince have also had their moments and I think Toohill had a couple of "sacks" today.

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So Goedert has a hairline fracture of his thumb?

When it comes to the “upper body injury” that Dallas Goedert is dealing with, NFL insider Tom Pelissero reports the tight end “suffered a hairline fracture in one of his thumbs in practice this week.” He also adds that Goedert “could be back with a splint as soon as next week.”

Much ado about nothing.

Can’t see them cutting him after the investment. He’s still got 2 years on his rookie deal. Even if he’s a rotational piece, that’s value we need for the salary cap. Super versatile too, he lined up all over last  year. Granted, he was very much a pass rusher mostly. And I think needs stunts and draws to be most effective right now, there’s promise until he can develop more. I think it’s worth it to keep him for now. 

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep. I've heard good things about Shareef Miller, Joe Ostman (albeit mainly being Mailata lol), and even Casey Toohill on Friday who I wasn't expecting much at all from.

Genard Avery? Nope.

Toohill is just a toolbox kind of the ideal seventh round pick. Like oh guy wasn't all the impressive in college but hey he's a great athlete. 

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Toohill is just a toolbox kind of the ideal seventh round pick. Like oh guy wasn't all the impressive in college but hey he's a great athlete. 

They should PS Toohill, and maybe try him out as a SAM Linebacker too IMO.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I'm starting to have more faith in JJAW bouncing back than Dillard.

Hope he can flip the switch.... would really suck if we have to burn another high pick on a tackle now.

Me too, and I've always been a defender of Dillard. It's kinda early still, but not  really. Kind of getting to that point of put up or shut up for Andre since he's projected to start at such an important position in LT.

In 11-on-11's, one small moment that caught my eye was a play in which Casey Toohill, playing DE, covered speed demon running back Adrian Killins on a wheel route. As I saw the play developing, I figured Killins had himself an easy matchup to exploit, even if Toohill is a lot more athletic than your typical DE. Nope. Toohill blanketed him all the way down the sideline. Gold star for him when the coaches see that later on film.

From Jimmy Kempski

So maybe toohill being a linebacker isn't a far stretch of an idea.