2020 Training Camp

Danger

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

In 11-on-11's, one small moment that caught my eye was a play in which Casey Toohill, playing DE, covered speed demon running back Adrian Killins on a wheel route. As I saw the play developing, I figured Killins had himself an easy matchup to exploit, even if Toohill is a lot more athletic than your typical DE. Nope. Toohill blanketed him all the way down the sideline. Gold star for him when the coaches see that later on film.

From Jimmy Kempski

So maybe toohill being a linebacker isn't a far stretch of an idea. 

Yeah.... I wish we would put him at SAM like some have said already. Think he would develop faster there than at DE. 

I understand DE is more valuable to them than LB, but he's probably more of a 3-4 OLB than 4-3 DE honestly.

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:
7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I'm starting to have more faith in JJAW bouncing back than Dillard.

Hope he can flip the switch.... would really suck if we have to burn another high pick on a tackle now.

Hopefully Prince ends up being a steal 

He could be assuming the knee is good.

We aren't in a horrible spot OL wise.

Pryor showed good things in limited time. Driscoll has drawn praise so far in preseason and I've heard some good things about Prince, but would be nice if Dillard worked out.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

33 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:
3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

As each day passes I just can’t help but feeling this team is going to be a disaster 

Really? I feel like there's more positivity coming out of camp than negativity.

Same.

Our OL could have its struggles, but worst comes to worst if Dillard can't handle LT we can move Peters over in a pinch and have Pryor at RG.

Not to mention if we make the playoffs we MIGHT get Brandon Brooks back and with 7 teams making it this year I think there is a very good chance we make it.

What makes you think this team is gonna be a disaster? @EaglesPeteC

I could see us disappointing to live up to what our potential is, but I have a hard time imagining it being a disaster, but its not impossible.

From everything I've heard/read: the receiver, defensive line, and safety groups have all drawn rave reviews  over several days. The only unit I've heard more bad than good is the offensive line. The quarterbacks, running backs, tight ends, linebackers, and corners have all seemed to be more good than bad.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

From everything I've heard/read: the receiver, defensive line, and safety groups have all drawn rave reviews  over several days. The only unit I've heard more bad than good is the offensive line. The quarterbacks, running backs, tight ends, linebackers, and corners have all seemed to be more good than bad.

QB has been good. Wentz has looked like Wentz. Hurts has impressed and is eventually gonna take over as the #2. Sudfeld is a good #3.

RB.... Sanders has put in a lot of work this offseason, Boston Scott has looked nice in camp. Corey Clement looks closer to rookie year form.

WR is definitely improved. We just need guys to stay healthy.... looking at you DeSean.

TE... we already know what we have there.

OL... biggest question mark on the roster, but we have a fall back plan with Peters and Pryor if need be. Kelce and Johnson will still hold it down and Seumalo should still be solid. May get Brandon Brooks back.... dude is a freak, so you can't count it out.

Safety has been a pleasant surprise. Not sure Mills can replace Jenkins, but I think he can do some nice things at safety, but it will be an adjustment for him. I've heard he's been solid in the first week of training camp though. He had a great INT on Wentz. Will Parks and K'Von Wallace have shown nice things fighting for the 3rd safety spot which will be pretty high usage. McLeod is underrated and think he's ready for a big season.

The DT group is healthy and looking like a terror... much better than last year. Ridgeway is impressing a lot as DT4. Malik Jackson looks even better than last offseason before the injury. Fletcher Cox looks healthy which he really wasn't last year when he was playing next to our DT3, DT4, DT5 and DT6 for most of the season. Not to mention the addition of Javon Hargrave that was a very underrated addition to an already good group.

DE group.... not expecting a fall off for Graham.... he's pretty hungry this offseason. Josh Sweat could take another step... he's looked pretty dang good at times in camp supposedly. Derek Barnett I'm not expecting a significant jump from.... just want dude to stay healthy. Vinny Curry provides some needed depth. Not expecting much from anyone else though. Would surprise me if Shareef Miller made a solid contribution before year 3.

Corner is considerably improved with Slay and Robey-Coleman. Supposedly Maddox has looked pretty sticky in camp as the CB2 as well which is promising. Sidney Jones showed some nice things at the end of last year.... dude needs to get healthy though. He's not a bad back-up though.

LB is whatever... TJ Edwards should be solid. Gerry hopefully is more consistent as a tackler than last year but he is around the ball at least. 

I think we've also improved our special teams a good bit. 

This team has the potential to be average or really good depending on different factors.

I don't think we end up being a bad team unless there is critical injuries or just a ton of them.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

QB has been good. Wentz has looked like Wentz. Hurts has impressed and is eventually gonna take over as the #2. Sudfeld is a good #3.

RB.... Sanders has put in a lot of work this offseason, Boston Scott has looked nice in camp. Corey Clement looks closer to rookie year form.

WR is definitely improved. We just need guys to stay healthy.... looking at you DeSean.

TE... we already know what we have there.

OL... biggest question mark on the roster, but we have a fall back plan with Peters and Pryor if need be. Kelce and Johnson will still hold it down and Seumalo should still be solid. May get Brandon Brooks back.... dude is a freak, so you can't count it out.

Safety has been a pleasant surprise. Not sure Mills can replace Jenkins, but I think he can do some nice things at safety, but it will be an adjustment for him. I've heard he's been solid in the first week of training camp though. He had a great INT on Wentz. Will Parks and K'Von Wallace have shown nice things fighting for the 3rd safety spot which will be pretty high usage. McLeod is underrated and think he's ready for a big season.

The DT group is healthy and looking like a terror... much better than last year. Ridgeway is impressing a lot as DT4. Malik Jackson looks even better than last offseason before the injury. Fletcher Cox looks healthy which he really wasn't last year when he was playing next to our DT3, DT4, DT5 and DT6 for most of the season.

DE group.... not expecting a fall off for Graham.... he's pretty hungry this offseason. Josh Sweat could take another step... he's looked pretty dang good at times in camp supposedly. Derek Barnett I'm not expecting a significant jump from.... just want dude to stay healthy. Vinny Curry provides some needed depth. Not expecting much from anyone else though. Would surprise me if Shareef Miller made a solid contribution before year 3.

Corner is considerably improved with Slay and Robey-Coleman. Supposedly Maddox has looked pretty sticky in camp as the CB2 as well which is promising. Sidney Jones showed some nice things at the end of last year.... dude needs to get healthy though. He's not a bad back-up though.

LB is whatever... TJ Edwards should be solid. Gerry hopefully is more consistent as a tackler than last year but he is around the ball at least. 

I think we've also improved our special teams a good bit. 

This team has the potential to be average or really good depending on different factors.

I don't think we end up being a bad team unless there is critical injuries or just a ton of them.

This all falls in line with everything I've gathered. Shaun Bradley been balling and got some reps with the 1s today I think. NRC yeah he's opened a lot of eyes. Sweat might be having the best camp on the entire team. I think our safety unit is extremely solid from top to bottom. Great mix of different tools and attributes between McLeod, Mills, Parks and Wallace. Gonna be fun.

12 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This all falls in line with everything I've gathered. Shaun Bradley been balling and got some reps with the 1s today I think.

I'd pump the breaks on expecting much from Bradley this year. I'm excited to see what he and Taylor can add to our special teams unit though. 

It's still good that Bradley has shown leadership and stood out in a positive way already.

He has much more playing experience than Taylor and should be ahead of him right now.

13 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Gonna be fun.

Assuming the season is played start to finish, but yeah I think this team has more potential than people thought. There are still question marks and weaker starting groups and/or depth, but overall this could be a team that could compete for a SB if it falls in place and not every team in the league can say that.