2020 Training Camp

Danger

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Are you serious? That is a very turd move for a franchise that has been more than gracious to this dude.

2020 is the worst 

That's the same thing I said like I get it that he realizes he has leverage now, but its not what a good teammate and appreciative player should do.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Are you serious? That is a very turd move for a franchise that has been more than gracious to this dude.

2020 is the worst 

That's the same thing I said like I get it that he realizes he has leverage now, but its not what a good teammate and appreciative player should do.

Sorry but I disagree. He was brought back to play RG at 3M a season. Not play LT, the same position he started for 13 years for 8M less then he made last season. Its essentially like saying before Free Agency, Hey Jason we want you to come back in 2020 and start at LT for us but for only a 1/4 of the pay. You good? 

He should be compensated.  Now whether that means guaranteeing the full 6M, so be it. But I dont blame him one bit TBH nor do I have any resentment.  NFL FO cut, discard,  throw players away like yesterday's trash for younger , cheaper players all the time, until we need you in a pinch. Get yours!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Man, a broken record but, our injury luck is unprecedented

Don't think we can just call it bad luck if it's 3 years in a row. We had same issues in 2018 and 2019. Some would blame it all on us being an old team, but we were old in 2016 and 2017 and our team health was nothing out of the ordinary.

If you're not familiar with FO's adjusted games lost, here's their stuff on it from 2019 season: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/2019-adjusted-games-lost-part-i

Best way to get a league wide snapshot of injury impact. Here is where we've ranked under Doug in AGL, plus where we've ranked in snap weighted age (w/ 1st being youngest)

• 2016- 4th (40 games lost) --- 26th (27 years old)
  • 2017- 13th (54 games lost) --- 26th (26.9 years old)
  • 2018- 32nd (118 games lost) --- 30th (27.4 years old)
  • 2019- 21st (84 games lost) --- 31st (27.2 years old)

Any different training approach or staff change between 2017 and 2018? We've always worked with a relatively old roster under Doug yet the injuries seem to have taken a turn for worse in that 2018 season and it's been bad news since. With Brooks and Dillard out for year, possibly Reagor (this situation could be like DJax 2.0, where he will try to avoid surgery and just make the issue worse), I'd say we're well on pace for another below average finish in AGL in 2020. 

After today I think howie will be working overtime to figure out a way to pay Jason Peters as a LT. 

One thing we have always been good at is the “next man up” mentality. I still have faith in this team. These soft tissue injuries were to be expected with no OTAs, limited TC, and no preseason games. Let’s not forget that.