2020 Training Camp

Danger

45 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

*looks around*

i think Howie is the one that might be awful 

tenor.gif

We all are well aware of what Howie has been good at and bad at. Joe Douglas was brought in specifically to sure up Howie's shortcomings. In short, Joe had 1 hecking job.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good for Togiai.

So, at least for now it looks like we'll have 4 RBs rostered after all.

Apparently Huntley was a 5th round pick this year and had a good camp. Lions fans seemed to be hoping he could go on their practice squad.

Those are good gets for Carolina too. I like Rasul and think he could be an ok player in the right scheme just wasnt a good fit for Jim.

From an article on The Athletic analyzing the Lions' 53 man roster:

Given how he performed in camp (and that the Lions just used a fifth-round pick on him in April), Huntley’s failure to make the initial 53-man roster is a minor upset. That said, he sat on the bubble no matter how one picked through the backs; he was electrifying enough to want to keep around but without any real path to playing time. He should be a priority as the Lions go through practice-squad additions.

Smaller back. Was listed on Lions website at 5'9" 193 lbs. Bigger than Killins though.

Apparently has soft hands and can be utilized as a pass catcher out of the backfield and slot.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

From an article on The Athletic analyzing the Lions' 53 man roster:

Smaller back. Was listed on Lions website at 5'9" 193 lbs. Bigger than Killins though.

Apparently has soft hands and can be utilized as a pass catcher out of the backfield and slot.

probably gonna make the giants look stupid at some point this season and become a fan favorite. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Huntley also was a good kick returner in college, so he could contribute there.

With Reagor as punt returner and what I think has been a revamped special teams unit....

I really like our chances to field a good STs. At the very least hopefully a top 10 unit.

Our DVOA for special teams under Pederson:

2016: 2nd

2017: 16th

2018: 15th 

2019: 19th

Some of his kick returns here.

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good for Togiai

Don’t get why we cut him. Only 2 TEs doesn’t make sense if you are going to build a lot of your scheme around 12. But hey I guess we can learn that lesson again this year.

Jim going with the 3 players = 1 really good player approach on D really killed the depth on offense.