2020 Training Camp

Danger

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He'll be the "starting" slot, but other guys (notably D Jax) will get time there too I think. 

Without overwhelming the Rookies to much ala JJAW last year, I think they will be cross training all the WR's to be interchangeable. This way when they break the huddle DB's/DC's wont know who's playing the X, Y Z positions. Now whether they can learn it unlike JJ in this limited Covid Offseason of reps ,remains to be seen.

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Without overwhelming the Rookies to much ala JJAW last year, I think they will be cross training all the WR's to be interchangeable. This way when they break the huddle DB's/DC's wont know who's playing the X, Y Z positions. Now whether they can learn it unlike JJ in this limited Covid Offseason of reps ,remains to be seen.

That's definitely the goal. At least for Reagor it is. He started off at Z learning from Jackson, but said he started learning X too.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Alshon and D Jax are a candidate to join ir every week, so I think we gotta keep 6 or 7 active.

Agreed. I don't want to put any of the young guys on IR unless we absolutely have to. 

They can't practice if they are on IR. It would be a waste for their development.

22 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Agreed. I don't want to put any of the young guys on IR unless we absolutely have to. 

They can't practice if they are on IR. It would be a waste for their development.

Well unless we are cutting another position group, we can't carry 7? I know they changed the PS rules (not sure if that's an option or not) but the minute AJ is a healthy go, someone is leaving the active roster IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well unless we are cutting another position group, we can't carry 7? I know they changed the PS rules (not sure if that's an option or not) but the minute AJ is a healthy go, someone is leaving the active roster IMO. 

I mean probably, but technically we could. We would have to go a bit lighter at a couple spots.

Having Brooks on IR and Jeffery on PUP to start should help, but usually teams only keep 5 or 6 WRs, so yeah its highly unlikely we keep 7 all season. 

I wish we didn't have to keep 3 QBs and I don't think we will next season. I don't really like Sudfeld, but he knows the offense.

I know they probably will keep a 3rd TE or extra player at some position I could care less about.

If Watkins or Hightower get IR'd it won't be the worst thing in the world, but I would rather they be able to take full advantage of learning from Avant, Moorhead and DeSean cause he likely won't be here next year unless he wants to come back for pretty cheap.

^^ I agree, I just dont see where the extra player is getting cut? We have to carry 3 QB regardless because of Covid. Most teams will, or will at least have 1 on the PS. We dont have that luxury.

OL? Doubtful

DL? Doubtful

LB? We suck but possible with our Safeties playing a lot in the box.

CB? Doubtful, yes light years improved but only keeping 4, 5? No.

TE? Might honestly be the only position group we could go with 2, with the understanding 1 is on the PS? With the change in philosophy more towards Speed, we don't really need 3. The 3rd gets no reps unless an injury occurs. However like QB, you are playing Russian Roulette if a TE or 2 gets Covid.

RB? Maybe we carry 3? 1 on the PS?

I'm going to assuming Hightower is IR eventually, leaving Watkins as the more versatile of the 2 on the active roster. . 

Edited by Nabbs4u

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

^^ I agree, I just dont see where the extra player is getting cut? We have to carry 3 QB regardless because of Covid. Most teams will, or will at least have 1 on the PS. We dont have that luxury.

OL? Doubtful

DL? Doubtful

LB? We suck but possible with our Safeties playing a lot in the box.

CB? Doubtful, yes light years improved but only keeping 4, 5? No.

TE? Might honestly be the only position group we could go with 2, with the understanding 1 is on the PS? With the change in philosophy more towards Speed, we don't really need 3. The 3rd gets no reps unless an injury occurs. However like QB, you are playing Russian Roulette if a TE or 2 gets Covid.

RB? Maybe we carry 3? 1 on the PS?

I'm going to assuming Hightower is IR eventually, leaving Watkins as the more versatile of the 2 on the active roster. . 

Yeah RB and TE stood out as two we could do. We signed Noah Nogiai to a big signing bonus as a UDFA. There is also Alex Ellis. Either could be put on our PS.

Warren or Killins at RB could be put on the PS.

My guess would be Watkins gets IR'd. Hightower is a bit more polished.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:21 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:
On 7/28/2020 at 5:47 AM, Jroc04 said:

Apparently he’s up 15-20 lbs. Hes listed at 235. I highly doubt he’s 250 lbs now. He always seemed a little skinny to me. He’s prb at 235-240 now with putting that weight on. So now maybe instead of getting his head buried into the ground by Clowney he can stiff arm him. Just hope it doesn’t mess with his quickness in the pocket. 

Nah. He's AT LEAST 240 rn.

He weighed in at 237 lbs coming out of NDSU and he looks significantly bigger and muscle weighs more than fat.

Whether he's at 240 or 250 right now... some of that weight is coming off  training camp and as the season progresses (if it does).

I just hope he did leg day lol.

Edited July 28 by TheRealMcCoy

@Jroc04

Offense (25/26 w/Alshon)
QB 3 Wentz/Hurts/Sudfeld
RB 3 Sanders/Scott/Clement
TE 3 Ertz/Goedert/Perkins
WR 6(7) D Jax/Reagor/JJAW/Ward/Quez/Hightower/(Alshon)
OT 4 Dillard/Lane/Prince/Mailata
OG 4 Isaac/Peters/Pryor/Driscoll
C 2 Kelce/Herbig

Defense (25)
DE 6 B-Rex/Barnett/Curry/Sweat/Avery/(1 of Ostman/Miller)
DT 4 Cox/Hargrave/Jackson/Rideway
LB 4 Gerry/Edwards/Davion/Bradley
CB 6 Slay/Sidney/NRC/Maddox/LeBlanc/Rasul
S 4 McLeod/Mills/K'von/Parks

ST(3)
P 1 Johnston
K 1 Elliott
LS 1 Lovato

PS
DE Toohill
WR Burnett
QB Lauletta
S Arnold
CB Jacquet
RB Warren
TE Wilson
OG opeta
DT Williams
LB Olson

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We should only carry 4 LB's. The 2 rookies, Gerry and Edwards. Stash Dante Olson on the PS. Use K'von as a nickle LB/3rd S hybrid.

5*

Gerry, Edwards, Riley, Taylor, and Bradley

Think Riley ends up being our 3rd LB when we do use one and we could use the depth.

Don't think Taylor or Bradley are ready, but I expect them to make an impact on special teams.

Also, Will Parks probably has the edge on Wallace if we are going for a LB/S hybrid, but wouldn't shock me if Wallace overtook him eitherl.