Per Keim, Rivera is #2 person in organization

This was a discussion point that many of us have had during the entire off-season.  Keim just put out an article on Rivera where he details some of the things that have happened over the past couple months and officially named Rivera as the #2 in the organization behind Snyder. 

In comes Rivera, who was credited with developing a good atmosphere while with the Carolina Panthers, the team he coached for eight-plus seasons (2011 to 2019). He affected the culture there in how he dealt with his players and everyone in the organization; he plans to do the same in Washington, where he has assumed Allen's role as the No. 2 person in power, behind Snyder.

This past month has been, as Rivera said, frenetic. He has helped Snyder with the franchise's name change, dealt with investigations into the sexual harassment allegations that led to two firings and one retirement, and started the most unusual training camp of his career amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Read More: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29556432/ron-rivera-daunting-task-fix-washington-woes-field

In addition, if you track this article and how it was written, it seems like the onus is all on Rivera, as Keim calls it a lengthy to do list which includes: Reward employees, Connect with team employees, make everyone feel important, expand the HR department, add diverse voices.  Some of these things are something that a had coach should not be involved with, and it's a damn shame that the perception from one of the best beat reporters in the business is that these are falling on Rivera's shoulders.  

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This was a discussion point that many of us have had during the entire off-season.  Keim just put out an article on Rivera where he details some of the things that have happened over the past couple months and officially named Rivera as the #2 in the organization behind Snyder. 

In addition, if you track this article and how it was written, it seems like the onus is all on Rivera, as Keim calls it a lengthy to do list which includes: Reward employees, Connect with team employees, make everyone feel important, expand the HR department, add diverse voices.  Some of these things are something that a had coach should not be involved with, and it's a damn shame that the perception from one of the best beat reporters in the business is that these are falling on Rivera's shoulders.  

This is doomed to fail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean it’s doomed to fail more in the fact that Snyder is #1 more so than Rivera being #2.

Thats all it is too.

Only 30% of teams are actively trying to win championships. Dan is not one of them. Hes been busted and has to get the ship in order to continue on. And thats all hes doing. Bringing in a guy to clean house and change the culture. If any of this was about winning. Dabo would be here making 15 mil a year.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats all it is too.

Only 30% of teams are actively trying to win championships. Dan is not one of them. Hes been busted and has to get the ship in order to continue on. And thats all hes doing. Bringing in a guy to clean house and change the culture. If any of this was about winning. Dabo would be here making 15 mil a year.

And even that has it's pitfalls as we saw with Spurrier.  I'm not sure I can say that he's not trying to win, but it does seem he is trying something new.  Sadly, the coach-centered focus really doesn't work, especially if you are having the guy focus on football AND some things on business.  

I don't know about you, but I've never met someone who could succeed with three job titles.  He's Head Coach, General Manager and whatever they view him in on the business side.  It's absolutely crazy.  

I think if he really wanted to win, he would have hired a proven NFL executive to head the entire thing, who could then hire a GM and coach.  But that would involve giving up his ways of controlling things.