Blue

21 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

I didn’t get a pm 

21 hours ago, Blue said:

Did you want one?

20 hours ago, Blue said:

@theuntouchable is being a tease.

19 hours ago, Blue said:

@theuntouchable you got five minutes to let me know if you actually want to play

19 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

I didn’t get a role 

19 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I probably couldn’t be happier than I am with my role...unless Touch plays of course! :)

19 hours ago, Blue said:

Oh Touch is in, he just doesn't have his role PM yet.

Wait wut 

19 hours ago, Blue said:

You tempted me, sir

18 hours ago, Forge said:

I have missed you touch

18 hours ago, squire12 said:

like this???monkey GIF

18 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

theuntouchable is clearly the leader of the scum.

So, yeah. He was the most relevant name when I cast my initial vote, regardless of whether he was actually in the game or not yet. As of the Day 1 post, it did NOT appear that touch was in the game yet. I suppose I could have followed Josh and voted Mwil sooner?

2 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

So, yeah. He was the most relevant name when I cast my initial vote, regardless of whether he was actually in the game or not yet.

But you said you voted him as a joke. Which is it? A relevant name or a joke? The host even confirmed he was in before you voted for him. 

As of the Day 1 post, it did NOT appear that touch was in the game yet.

Let's go to the film:

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:
19 hours ago, Blue said:

Oh Touch is in, he just doesn't have his role PM yet.

Wait wut 

19 hours ago, Blue said:

You tempted me, sir

18 hours ago, Forge said:

I have missed you touch

18 hours ago, squire12 said:

like this???monkey GIF

18 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

theuntouchable is clearly the leader of the scum.

So, the host confirming that Touch was in BEFORE you voted made you continue to think that he was NOT in the game? Interesting.

I suppose I could have followed Josh and voted Mwil sooner?

Why do you feel the need to follow?

Honestly, if anything, the people who hopped on my coattails and also voted for touch after a very obviously bad joke vote look much more suspicious. Counselor is seasoned, and we're bros, but voting for touch after I did, and without any actual base to touch being scum? And then Bantle hopping on... Perhaps it was because there were multiple votes placed there by 1,000+ rep guys (which is generally a safe bet for newer players), of perhaps it was just random... But as a new guy, and the one who made poor, innocent touch a leading vote-getter, you have to examine both the move and the player and think about them. 

Then again, it's day 1 and everything is pretty much a crapshoot at this point, so I can't exactly blame anyone for placing their vote anywhere. 

Trying to help with game-solving early for a change. 

34 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Also, @Counselor, I know this is unrelated, but since you're here anyways, there was a real missed opportunity in the "What are you afraid of?" Thread. Your post with the Hamburger Helper Hat was amazing, but Photoshopping Marvin Jones' face there would have made it - in my estimation, at least - the single greatest post in the history of the internet.

sad don cheadle GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1

Vote Count

No Lynch - 1 - Orca

Touch - 1 - Counselor

Hobo - 3 - Josh, Swag, Mwil

KSJ - 1 - Malf

Bantle - 1 - Nazgul

Nazgul - 1 - Bantle

Biggio - 1 - MD4L

Rack - 1 - Squire

Mwil - 1 - Hobo

Counselor - 1 - Forge

Day 1 ends at 8pm EST. With 24 alive and 24 voting, it's 13 to eliminate!

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

But you said you voted him as a joke. Which is it? A relevant name or a joke? The host even confirmed he was in before you voted for him. 

Let's go to the film:

So, the host confirming that Touch was in BEFORE you voted made you continue to think that he was NOT in the game? Interesting.

Why do you feel the need to follow?

In response to the first question: both! That's what makes it so clearly a joke vote. Touch was a widely-discussed name at the time, so he was the easy and inconsequential vote during the early part of an early phase that so often is a scattershot of bad votes before most of us ultimately settle on a "real" vote a couple hours to a couple minutes before the deadline after we've gathered as much info as possible. 

In response to the second questions, yes. Because this is Blue we're talking about. And we've had dudes like touch and Naz half-in games before, where people acted like they were in on Day 1 but they weren't. You're overthinking this. Look at my vote itself. And look at the context. Don't get hung up. Don't tunnel. You're better than this. 

In response to the third question: following clearly appears to get people examined less-closely - or at least less vocally - than someone who places an initial vote on a player, as we're seeing right now.

Also, think about it. I slid my vote OFF touch, when he was the next closest in votes to the leading vote getter, who appears to be *checks list* me. Wouldn't I be trying to pile votes onto someone to give me the best shot possible if I were scum? 

Not doing that. I'm trying to actually figure out what's happening, but so far I'm not getting huge vibes off of anyone. Besides myself, of course, since I'm so active and apparently combative at this stage. 

And I do realize that I'm probably making speaking with you needlessly harder on myself by having my vote with you, which is more likely to incite suspicion or negative emotions from you. You're not my real vote, don't worry. You just broke one of my new rules (as referenced in my earlier post) by being the last one to quote me on day one. So you're my vote until either someone else quotes me, I figure out a likely scum candidate, or a half-hour or so before night comes around and I figure out who my BEST vote will be.

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, I look so bad for voting based on a joke.  Good call.

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Why not be less shook and mention me by name than ambiguously referring to people.

See?! There's my boy. No quoting. And the same style and everything. Short posts that aren't really inciteful. SwAg has his whole posting aesthetic going.