Top-10 WR cores going into the 2020 season?

WizeGuy

Dang the Lions are getting no love.

Kenny G- a true #1 that led the league in TDs last year with Stafford being hurt for 8 games.

Marvin Jones Jr.- One of the better #2 Wrs in the game that is vastly underrated.

Danny Amendola- One of the better pure slot WRs in the league.

Marvin Hall- Deep threat that averaged like 50 yds a catch last year.

Quintez Cephus- Has look fantastic in camp but probably the weakest of the WRs as he is pretty much an unknown.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BZski said:

Dang the Lions are getting no love.

Kenny G- a true #1 that led the league in TDs last year with Stafford being hurt for 8 games.

Marvin Jones Jr.- One of the better #2 Wrs in the game that is vastly underrated.

Danny Amendola- One of the better pure slot WRs in the league.

Marvin Hall- Deep threat that averaged like 50 yds a catch last year.

Quintez Cephus- Has look fantastic in camp but probably the weakest of the WRs as he is pretty much an unknown.

You lost me at Amendola. Hall and Cephus are meh as a whole. Good 4 and 5, but aren’t more than that. Amendola isn’t what he once was. He’s a low-3 now. 

17 hours ago, scar988 said:

You lost me at Amendola. Hall and Cephus are meh as a whole. Good 4 and 5, but aren’t more than that. Amendola isn’t what he once was. He’s a low-3 now. 

I guess I'd need to see a list of all of these top tier/average 3s if 62 for 678 is low end, shell-of-his-former-self type production.

On 9/4/2020 at 5:21 PM, BofaDeez54927 said:

I guess I'd need to see a list of all of these top tier/average 3s if 62 for 678 is low end, shell-of-his-former-self type production.

I guess I'd need to see the film that supports that he's anything but a volume-based guy.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

I guess I'd need to see the film that supports that he's anything but a volume-based guy.

Ha, what does that even mean?

Your labels, average season over the last three years:

High-end 3 - 85 targets, 58 catches, 588 yards

Average 3 - 38 targets, 24 catches, 294 yards

Low-end 3 - 87 targets, 60 catches, 637 yards

What am I missing by not watching the film? One and three produce at the same rate and two produces little.

4 hours ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Ha, what does that even mean?

Your labels, average season over the last three years:

High-end 3 - 85 targets, 58 catches, 588 yards

Average 3 - 38 targets, 24 catches, 294 yards

Low-end 3 - 87 targets, 60 catches, 637 yards

What am I missing by not watching the film? One and three produce at the same rate and two produces little.

It's more projection based off film for what they will likely do in 2020. 

On 9/3/2020 at 11:21 PM, scar988 said:

We can debate how good or not good Amendola is, but "isn't what he once was?"  Amendola just one of the better years of his career last season.

On 9/2/2020 at 2:47 PM, scar988 said:

Kind of a rough copy of what I would look for when ranking units. I have the top 3 weighted higher in a weighted average than the bottom 2 in a corps. Good overall corps and good overall receivers will bump teams higher. Here's how I would rank them:

2RTKBn9.png

Obviously, some teams will rank higher and lower depending on how their rookies and everything else pans out. But this is where I would rank them right now.

Duke Williams was never the Bills 4th receiver. 

It would be Isiah McKenzie. It'll likely be Gabriel Davis by years end with McKenzie in the 5th spot. Andre Roberts is strictly Special teams. 

On 9/2/2020 at 2:47 PM, scar988 said:

Kind of a rough copy of what I would look for when ranking units. I have the top 3 weighted higher in a weighted average than the bottom 2 in a corps. Good overall corps and good overall receivers will bump teams higher. Here's how I would rank them:

2RTKBn9.png

Guide for grades:

0.5 - top 10 WR in the NFL

1.0 - Solid #1 WR

1.25 - Low #1 WR

1.75 - High #2 WR/verge of jumping to low 1

2 - Solid #2 WR

2.25 - Low #2 WR

2.75 - High #3 WR

3 - Solid #3 WR

3.25 - Low #3 WR/High drafted rookies

4 - #4 guy/Low drafted rookies

5 - #5 guy/Undrafted rookies

Obviously, some teams will rank higher and lower depending on how their rookies and everything else pans out. But this is where I would rank them right now.

John Brown a low #2??? He just came off a 72 catch 1000 yard season... He should not be on same level as Ted Ginn Jr. 

Also our 4th reciever is Gabriel Davis and our 5th reciever is Isaiah McKenzie. 

On 9/2/2020 at 1:47 PM, scar988 said:

2RTKBn9.png

Guide for grades:

1.0 - Solid #1 WR

1.25 - Low #1 WR

2 - Solid #2 WR

2.25 - Low #2 WR

2.75 - High #3 WR

3 - Solid #3 WR

How is Kenny Stills ranked behind Keke Coutee? Stills is the 4, Coutee is a definitive 5...

On 9/2/2020 at 12:47 PM, scar988 said:

2RTKBn9.png

Guide for grades:

1.0 - Solid #1 WR

1.25 - Low #1 WR

2 - Solid #2 WR

2.25 - Low #2 WR

2.75 - High #3 WR

3 - Solid #3 WR

I expected LV to be super low, but the worst? I guess it boils down to the fact they have zero proven experience but I would certainly take them over some other the others based on potential alone. 

Starting 2 rookies and having 2nd year player Renfrow as your vet starter will make for some fun yet frustrating times, especially early.

1. Tampa Bay

2. Denver

3. Los Angeles Rams

4. Cincinnati 

5. Houston (deep)

6. Dallas

7. Los Angeles Chargers

8. Cleveland

9. Seattle

10. Kansas City

KC has a good WR core but it is slightly overrated by fans. Mahomes and Reid are damn good. And remember, this thread is WR core only, so no Kelce factored in. 

Honorable Mention:

New Orleans

Michael Thomas is without question the best receiver in the NFL. However, Emmanuel Sanders isn’t what he use to be, he’s a slightly above average WR2. And the rest of the WRs are thin.