Training camp talk. Rumors, pictures, etc.

Gmen

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The Patriots defense as a whole had a good day on Wednesday, but its highest drafted rookie stole the show. Kyle Dugger, who was selected 37th overall in late April, registered an interception for the second day in a row when he picked off a Cam Newton pass intended for tight end Ryan Izzo. He nearly had a second pick against Jarrett Stidham on the very next play, but judged by his reaction was unable to complete the catch. He did, however, also break up a pass against another quarterback, Brian Hoyer. Dugger has regularly been involved in the defense early in training camp, and appears to be progressing well as a versatile and uber-athletic defensive back.

So far in camp, Newton has not established himself as New England’s QB1, and Wednesday’s session was further confirmation that he will not be handed the starting spot simply based on his impressive résumé.

From what I understand Stidham has had a awful camp so far. I can't imagine them not starting Cam.

Edited by 49erurtaza

Cleveland Browns cornerback Kevin Johnson has been hospitalized after he suffered a laceration to his liver when rookie tight end Harrison Bryant landed on him during practice Wednesday.Cleveland Browns cornerback Kevin Johnson has been hospitalized after he suffered a laceration to his liver when rookie tight end Harrison Bryant landed on him during practice Wednesday.

@ET80 was this over or under your expected injury timeline? 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

@ET80 was this over or under your expected injury timeline? 

Actually under - figured it would be W1, with all of the heightened awareness on contact - but this is incredibly on brand.

I feel bad for KJ. Guy can't catch a break. This one sounds painful, too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

From what I understand Stidham has had a awful camp so far. I can't imagine them not starting Cam.

Stidham’s probably outplaying the other two but is making the most mistakes. Neither are really playing well + mistake free.

29 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Neither have been good. Getting picked left, right and center. 

But our secondary is our strong point, so...

Yep, not always a cause for concern. Jimmy G threw like 6 INTS one practice during camp last off season, and the 49ers defense has largely had it's way with the offense this off season. I tend to think it also takes offenses more time to coalesce when football comes back. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

FredEx will always have 4th and 26.

He probably still thanks his hands instead of blind luck. If only he contributed something, anything else in his entire career other then that play. I still get PTSD thinking about that draft/wasted pick. All came afterwards

Reggie Wayne 5 picks later 1st

Chad Johnson 2nd

Steve Smith 3rd

hell

TJ Whosyamomma in the 7th