Training camp talk. Rumors, pictures, etc.

Gmen

Also TRM. 

When I posted my silly pie chart. I quoted you, but I only really was trying to show it to Oregon "Herbert is already better than Wentz" Ducks.

Wasn't he touting Mariota up until the moment the Titans resigned Tannehill?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Danger said:
12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I like the effort, but no.... Chip doesn't get credit for Lane Johnson and Zach Ertz. That was a Howie Roseman draft.

Chip Kelly gets credit for the following drafted players:

2015 Philadelphia Eagles draft
Round Pick Player Position College Notes
1 20 Nelson Agholor  WR USC  
2 47 Eric Rowe  CB Utah  
3 84 Jordan Hicks  ILB Texas  
6 191 JaCorey Shepherd  CB Kansas Placed on IR
6 196 Randall Evans  CB Kansas St On practice squad
7 237 Brian Mihalik  DE Boston College  

Made roster    †   Pro Football Hall of Fame    *   Made at least one Pro Bowl during career

Take the information as you will. I just broke down the HC tenure of players added to the team. 

I know. I'm just saying it might not be the most accurate representation.

Fact remains Kelly definitely didn't build our roster like @Oregon Ducks said.

If anything Chip tried destroying our roster/team..... and I was once a big supporter of Kelly and had high hopes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Also TRM. 

When I posted my silly pie chart. I quoted you, but I only really was trying to show it to Oregon "Herbert is already better than Wentz" Ducks.

haha I know.... and not sure on the last part.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:
13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Can any Jets or Titans fans tell me how Kristian Fulton or Ashtyn Davis have looked?

Those were the 2 secondary players I was hoping for with our 2nd round pick before we took Hurts.

Man. I forgot that we passed on Fulton for Hurts..... 

This hurts.

season 9 episode 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

But, I wouldn't get too down.... Hurts has really impressed in camp and has the potential to be a franchise QB eventually.

Look at what we paid Nick Foles and even Chase Daniel to be back-ups. Look at what a lot of other teams are paying back-ups right now. A back-up QB is an expensive proposition nowadays and we probably helped fuel that with Nick Foles and that Super Bowl.

I think Roseman might be a bit ahead of the curve drafting Hurts. He is a cheap valuable asset assuming he's good and if he has to play and impresses his value only gets higher and higher. We could get a coup for Hurts eventually and if god forbids Wentz has an awful injury, then Hurts could end up being our future.

I liked Fulton and Davis a lot, but we don't even know if they'll be good yet.

It's too early to say if we made the right decision or not, but I'm a lot higher on the Hurts pick now than I was when it was made.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

Also TRM. 

I thought I used to read posts of him bashing Herbert.

41 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:
1 hour ago, Danger said:

Also TRM. 

I thought I used to read posts of him bashing Herbert.

Who? Me or @Oregon Ducks?

If it's the latter, then you definitely didn't imagine it.

Just go there and scroll down a little.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good signs, but I'll buy it when I see it this season.

Your weapons definitely are much better now, so it wouldn't shock me for him to take that next step.

Bills will be a fun watch for sure though.

Agreed. Encouraging signs but in the grand scheme of things it means very little. It should be noted today Diggs did not participate.

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

How's Zach Moss doing? He was one of my favorite RB coming out this year.

Better than Singletary supposedly, if only because beat reporters harp on "fumble issues" that Singletary still has.

People see Moss, a big back, and are somehow surprised he can catch a football and move with it for YAC. Regardless, Moss is doing well.

For fantasy players, I wouldn't be surprised to see Van Jefferson as a day 1 starter for the Rams. He's catching the eye and now he's being covered by Ramsey on most plays to get him up-to-speed with the level. It sounds like VJ did Ramsey twice in the end zone a day or two ago. Equally, Malcolm Brown looks to be carrying the weight for the starters - surprising as I expected Akers to walk in as RB1. 

At this stage, Jefferson looks the best bet to start on opening day, or at least get a few targets in the game - particularly in the red zone. I think Burgess and/or Fuller could also see the field. 

6 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

For fantasy players, I wouldn't be surprised to see Van Jefferson as a day 1 starter for the Rams. He's catching the eye and now he's being covered by Ramsey on most plays to get him up-to-speed with the level. It sounds like VJ did Ramsey twice in the end zone a day or two ago. Equally, Malcolm Brown looks to be carrying the weight for the starters - surprising as I expected Akers to walk in as RB1. 

At this stage, Jefferson looks the best bet to start on opening day, or at least get a few targets in the game - particularly in the red zone. I think Burgess and/or Fuller could also see the field. 

He's playing more outside or in the slot?