Training camp talk. Rumors, pictures, etc.

Gmen

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'd honestly say Derrick Henry gets that - he's like a much bigger Eric Dickerson or Ahman Green, guys who run like horses in the open field. 

Chubb is in the discussion though, he's got a bit of that AP "he makes everyone look like they're going in slow motion" to his runs once he gets to the 2nd level.

(Let's also be mindful that Saquan was injured last season...)

It could easily be personel preference, but I just felt watching Chubb compared to Henry, that he got more from less. Barkley is the most gifted runner, but I still wait for him to really get the vision that Chubb has. I can see the AP comparison although Chubb has very few of those negative yardage plays that AP has had. Browns at the skill positions are so insanely talented.

• Like 1

Nick Chubb has just sort of had a "weird" career arc. He went from being a DUDE at Georgia and EVERYONE talking about him to having a major knee injury, splitting carries with Michele, and then us landing him in the 2nd Round after a solid and underrated senior season. I think everyone assumed that since he had that major knee injury in college he'd never be the same, but his break tackle and homerun hitting ability as a pure runner, with his breakaway speed and burst, and then you factor in his size (5'11 and almost 230), and he still surprises a lot of people. This guy was a track star in HS.

Nick-Chubb-High-School-1-STACK-654x376.p

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Nick Chubb has just sort of had a "weird" career arc. He went from being a DUDE at Georgia and EVERYONE talking about him to having a major knee injury, splitting carries with Michele, and then us landing him in the 2nd Round after a solid and underrated senior season. I think everyone assumed that since he had that major knee injury in college he'd never be the same, but his break tackle and homerun hitting ability as a pure runner, with his breakaway speed and burst, and then you factor in his size (5'11 and almost 230), and he still surprises a lot of people. This guy was a track star in HS.

lol I've seen that pic before...... crazy that he was only 17 there

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Dang. The only guy I can think looked like that coming out of HS is Jonathan Stewart. This is him as a junior.CZhxUtqUEAAbc1F.jpg

On 8/26/2020 at 8:34 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Pheww. Dude hasn't suited up yet and coaches wouldn't give any reason as to why he was being held out. Happy to hear he's back because he is an absolute beast for us at RT.

I would bet a hefty sum of money that it was due to conditioning. 

He comes in overweight to camp every. single. year.

This year there was no OTA, no facility for him to work out. Normally they would try and whip him into shape in late May or June. This year if was mid August  

Especially considering he is getting paid like 20m this year fully guaranteed. He knows they can't cut him 

13 hours ago, N4L said:

I would bet a hefty sum of money that it was due to conditioning. 

He comes in overweight to camp every. single. year.

This year there was no OTA, no facility for him to work out. Normally they would try and whip him into shape in late May or June. This year if was mid August  

Especially considering he is getting paid like 20m this year fully guaranteed. He knows they can't cut him 

He's a top tier RT, we ain't cutting him lol. 

On 8/28/2020 at 6:11 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Dang. The only guy I can think looked like that coming out of HS is Jonathan Stewart. This is him as a junior.CZhxUtqUEAAbc1F.jpg

On no planet should a 17 year old have that level of muscle development.

I went to high school with a now former NFL player and he was the same way. Just built like a 30 year old man where everyone else was appropriately built like teenagers. It just wasn't fair trying to tackle him.

He averaged 10 YPC and scored 49 TDs in 12 games. Unfair.

Edited by AkronsWitness

At what point does the Derrick Henry size conversation/memery/admiration get a little too exaggerative lol he’s definitely tall for a RB don’t get me wrong but people post pictures of him towering over people (Mark Ingram is the classic one...Mark Ingram is 5’9 lol) like he’s the biggest dude in NFL history or he’s 6’6 or something...he’s 6’3 240 lol Tim Tebow is 6’3 255...

#FromNotASaltyRavensFan

Edited by Ray Reed