Eagles bring back Vinny Curry on 1 yr deal

TheRealMcCoy

Good stuff. I know a lot of Eagles fans were talking about Griffen or even Clowney, but with how messed up our cap situation is this signing probably made the most sense and kinda surprised it took this long to get done. Curry had a good pressure rate last season if I remember right. I know he played well late in the year. He already knows the system too which is an added benefit going into this season with reduced practice time/game reps.

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

Looks like our DEs will be 

graham, Barnett, Sweat, Curry, Avery and the 6th spot will be fought between Shareef Miller, Joe Ostman, and Casey Toohill. 

My money is on Ostman, with a shot for Shareef Miller. I don't think Toohill makes it out of camp. He's super athletic, but doesn't have much else going for him.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

My money is on Ostman, with a shot for Shareef Miller. I don't think Toohill makes it out of camp. He's super athletic, but doesn't have much else going for him.

They spent a 4th round pick on Miller. My money is on him.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

It's a cheap one year deal. but eh.

What were you expecting?

On 8/7/2020 at 8:47 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

They spent a 4th round pick on Miller. My money is on him.

What were you expecting?

Adam Caplan always says the team absolutely loves Ostman though. Isn't Ostman more of a joker position type of DE? Not sure they would want both he and Avery and have two DEs on the roster who they don't play on 1st and 2nd down. 

4 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Adam Caplan always says the team absolutely loves Ostman though. Isn't Ostman more of a joker position type of DE? Not sure they would want both he and Avery and have two DEs on the roster who they don't play on 1st and 2nd down. 

They loved Ostman so much, they never played him once prior to him getting hurt preseason, even when the guys in front of him were doing absolutely nothing. He's the new Steve Means. A guy our staff loves, but never plays outside of the preseason, and we occasionally try to trade him for a 5th rounder near draft day. Ostman is pure DE imo, not a joker. He outworks people, you don't really want him in space. He's similar to Vinny, right down to the midget arms that seem to be a staple of our pass rushers.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

The Eagles staff and a defender they love but never play, a timeless tale

While I like the "Rotation" to keep players fresh approach, at some point Curry should be taking reps away from Barnett. I understand the FO/Coaches desire to get him playing time, justify the 1st rd pick , see if he's  worth extending after this year but always play the more productive player! Always.