Reuben Foster Activated off PUP

turtle28

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

The only thing that would make me mad about the team’s handling of these two situations — and there’s no way we’ll ever know whether this is true, at least not until his case goes forward in some fashion — is if they actually don’t have any convincing information about Guice and just cut him based solely on the fact that he was accused of something (likely based heavily on the fear of bad PR). If it turns out that’s what happened, I’ll be furious. 

Hold on, how is that the only thing that would make you mad about the team's handling of these two situations?  Isn't it WAY worse if Rueben Foster is guilty and is still employed by the team?  Wouldn't that make you mad? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Hold on, how is that the only thing that would make you mad about the team's handling of these two situations?  Isn't it WAY worse if Rueben Foster is guilty and is still employed by the team?  Wouldn't that make you mad? 

Sure, but what does that have to do with the team’s handling of it?

They evidently acquired information that suggested that it didn’t happen the way the young lady claimed it did. They acted accordingly. Later, presumably based on similar information, the prosecutors in Florida dropped the case before ever making it close to trial. 

If he actually did in fact commit the assault he was accused of, that’s a shame — and in a just world, he would have been punished for it. But what else is the team supposed to do? They had information telling them it didn’t happen, and then lo and behold, turns out the State’s Attorney’s office in Florida couldn’t find enough evidence to even support letting the charge persist after the initial review. 

Unless we’re just going to blacklist people from playing football based on even the mere (and apparently baseless) allegation of wrongdoing, I’m not sure what else they could or should have done. 

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

E, Don’t you think Cole Holcomb would be best suited to be the SAM in this defense? How would you line them up  W/M/S (Starting positions).

It’s a good question, and I’m honestly not sure. I just don’t have a great feel for what they’re going to be looking for out of that SLB position. Typically, you’re thinking a little bigger and bulkier at that spot — but RR used Thomas Davis there for some of his Carolina career and I think JDR has Daryl Smith there for some of the time he was in Jacksonville, and neither of those guys are big LBs. They also seem to have shifted their best guys around based on other personnel, so that adds a layer of confusion for me too. I’m just not really sure how they’ll handle it. 

I guess the one thing we know about SLB, by definition, is the TE will be lined up in front of him. So there will be some coverage requirements, and Holcomb did really struggle in coverage last year. Which might point to WLB for him? But I’ve had Foster penciled in there all offseason, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I’m also not sure they brought Thomas Davis in to ride the pine all year, so I’d think he presents a serious obstacle for getting both Holcomb and Foster on the field at the OLB spots. 

• Like 2

@e16bball basically to me it’s a total enigma as to where these LBs will play right now outside of Bostic who is a true MLB and Thomas Davis who has played SLB more as his career has gone on. As for the rest, everyone has been guessing but we don’t know for sure yet until the coaches decide. It’s very weird to be at this point in the offseason and not know who will play where but, it is what it is.

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

They evidently acquired information that suggested that it didn’t happen the way the young lady claimed it did. They acted accordingly. Later, presumably based on similar information, the prosecutors in Florida dropped the case before ever making it close to trial. 

If he actually did in fact commit the assault he was accused of, that’s a shame — and in a just world, he would have been punished for it. But what else is the team supposed to do? They had information telling them it didn’t happen, and then lo and behold, turns out the State’s Attorney’s office in Florida couldn’t find enough evidence to even support letting the charge persist after the initial review. 

Unless we’re just going to blacklist people from playing football based on even the mere (and apparently baseless) allegation of wrongdoing, I’m not sure what else they could or should have done. 

It seems to me there are two different standards though, one for Foster & one for Guice. Guice has only been accused so far as well and I definitely think they made the right move by cutting him but, they signed Foster before anything had been settled in court. 

I just think if they’re going to stand up for domestic violence they should be uniform in doing so. And, it looks bad that they cut a guy a few days ago for being accused of domestic violence and then a few days after that they activate a guy who had been accused of domestic violence.

I hope a reporter asks Rivera about that, and they might as well ask him about Cory Latimer & Adrian Peterson too.

I think they’re looking like hypocrites right now.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

They were the only team in the league to claim this guy when he was cut for multiple accusations of domestic violence.  

They evidently acquired information that suggested that it didn’t happen the way the young lady claimed it did.

Bruce Allen claimed him, a guy with no moral compass whatsoever.  

Later, presumably based on similar information, the prosecutors in Florida dropped the case before ever making it close to trial. 

They didn't proceed to trial due to lack of evidence.  Domestic abuse cases can be extremely difficult to prove and prosecute.  Again, we're talking about a guy with multiple accusations here not just a one off.  

How about having a consistent stance on the subject?  Guice is gone.  Foster was literally claimed after the charges were filed.  Cody Latimer (not exactly the same charges but still concerning) is still on the roster.  

The guy has multiple accusations of domestic violence against him, was convicted for marijuana and assault weapons charges, and he threatened a health care worker at the combine for making him wait in line to simply have some tests done.  I'm sorry but I have no interest in rooting for someone like that.

• Like 2

The facts and circumstances between each case is VASTLY different. At the end of the day - at least for Guice, Ron's decision was based on the information that was made available. Those that are clamoring for Foster's release or calling the front office "hypocrites" are doing so in a speculative fashion - pointing to what's not known. Two very different situations in my opinion. Nonetheless, the topic of domestic violence is highly relevant and I hope discussions like this raise everyone's awareness - hopefully, leading to potential solution(s).

1 minute ago, Troublez said:

The facts and circumstances between each case is VASTLY different. At the end of the day - at least for Guice, Ron's decision was based on the information that was made available. Those that are clamoring for Foster's release or calling the front office "hypocrites" are doing so in a speculative fashion - pointing to what's not known. Two very different situations in my opinion. Nonetheless, the topic of domestic violence is highly relevant and I hope discussions like this raise everyone's awareness - hopefully, leading to potential solution(s).

Focus on your Career leave Women alone. Be more like Diggs in Buffalo.