College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Nebraska Football is essentially the football equivalent to UCLA Basketball. Their fan base still believes they should measure their current program to one of the GOAT coaches (Osbourne/Wooden), when in reality they haven’t been close to nationally relevant since 2001.

At least UCLA basketball has done something since then.  They went to 3 straight Final Fours from 2006-08 and won conference championships in 2013-14. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

At least UCLA basketball has done something since then.  They went to 3 straight Final Fours from 2006-08 and won conference championships in 2013-14. 

No doubt! They’ve also fired a similar number of coaches though.

27 minutes ago, August4th said:

wonder how fans of big10 teams will handle a fall if ACC, big12 and SEC have a season smoothly(which I doubt)

I plan on being a lot more productive on Saturdays. Bought somewhat of a fixer-upper. Fall will not be the same but I intend to get a lot more done. 2020 sucks. I do think there will be roadblocks for the other conferences yet, but for those with the balls to have their teams play, I’d give them props and really do wish these kids the best. They are the ones being robbed of their opportunities.

5 hours ago, Duluther said:

The  B1G athletic programs have had ugly raps in the past 3 years (Ohio State's Zach Smith saga, Maryland's avoidable practice death, Iowa's rasicm allegations, Michigan State's  allegations... and throwback to Penn State's Sandusky saga). But Nebraska wanting to play football is the straw that breaks the camel's back. Kick 'em out. 

I mean, they choose during a pandemic to play football for the first time in ten years.

Do you really need a reason to kick them out? Isn't "we never should have let you ingrates in" good enough?

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you really need a reason to kick them out? Isn't "we never should have let you ingrates in" good enough?

We can't kick them out until after Taylor Martinez has exhausted his eligibility. Not being able to properly laugh at their Heisman hype would be a loss.

On 8/11/2020 at 10:40 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Man is the greatest troll of all time. How much bigger/more polarizing would he have been if Twitter was a thing in the 90s?

ACC shouldn't play in that case.
Just give Clemson a BYE
Have Alabama, LSU play in a national semifinal.

• Like 1