College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

6 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

"I would like to speak to Kevin Warren, and I flew all the way from Florida to do it"

"...no"

"But I really want to"

"Still no"

“My son passed on millions to win a championship, and you are taking that from him”

”............well that was a poor decision”

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Kick every non-athlete off campus and everyone does remote learning. If the athletes want to play, let them live on campus in a bubble and if not, send them home too. I think this would work.

It would, but you have to explain why only athletes are staying when schools have been arguing that they aren't different than regular students forever. That's not a question schools want to be answering.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It would, but you have to explain why only athletes are staying when schools have been arguing that they aren't different than regular students forever. That's not a question schools want to be answering.

Definitely agree w/ that. I just wish these few conferences wouldn't be so damn stubborn and would move to spring ball (or attempt to). This whole situation sucks but oh well.

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean I could answer it, whether I believe it or not, and whether you accept it or not.

Our job here at [insert university here] is to prepare our students as best we can for adulthood and their future careers. To our varsity athletes we are not just providing and intellectual education but an education in their sport of choice in which many wish to pursue their future careers. Is incumbent on us to provide all of our students with the best education we can in a safe manner. Due to the current health crisis we do not feel we can achieve that with our full student body on campus. This virus is too infectious and too dangerous for any protocols to be able to protect our university community in such large numbers. While we recognize that in person learning is beneficial to many of our student we are confident we can continue to provide a world class education in a remote setting. This, however, is not true for our athletes in their athletic endeavors. In person training, practice, and game play is essential to further their athletic education and best prepare them for the next step. While many will not reach that level we as a university work tirelessly to provide all our students with the best preparation we can to give each and every student the best chance at pursuing the career they want. The decreased size of the students on campus when only athletes are present is such that we feel proper protocols can be implemented to keep those present safe. Accordingly we believe it is in the best interest of all parties involved to allow our athletes on campus while the remainder of our student body remains safely in their homes and taught remotely. 

32 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

These Southerners really DGAF. Best of luck.

They've already stated they're mandating masks at games so the attendance and situation will probably be less (in terms of people attending) and better than what is going on say, Portland, right now where it's complete madness and there's many w/o masks. So you could really that they "really DGAF" either, right?... b/c they don't pertaining to the spread of the virus.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

They've already stated they're mandating masks at games so the attendance and situation will probably be less (in terms of people attending) and better than what is going on say, Portland, right now where it's complete madness and there's many w/o masks. So you could really that they "really DGAF" either, right?... b/c they don't pertaining to the spread of the virus.

There is no madness and most people wear masks. I can go downtown with no issues and so can anyone as long as you don’t try to run people over.

20 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

There is no madness and most people wear masks. I can go downtown with no issues and so can anyone as long as you don’t try to run people over.

I can show you instances where you're absolutely incorrect but I'm didn't post this for discussion. Fact is, they're making people wear masks at games (supposedly) and limiting capacity. That is better than what I've seen in Portland. If you wish to see what I've seen, feel free to PM me bc this isn't a discussion for the forum. 

26 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I can show you instances where you're absolutely incorrect but I'm didn't post this for discussion. Fact is, they're making people wear masks at games (supposedly) and limiting capacity. That is better than what I've seen in Portland. If you wish to see what I've seen, feel free to PM me bc this isn't a discussion for the forum. 

Lol I live here. I know what’s going on.