College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

17 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

They should but I could see where they wouldn't give it to them. This is solely based on the fact that you can do whatever you want and be eligible for the draft after 3 years removed from high school. 

Yeah, I don't think the extra year of eligibility will matter for most.  Why bother trying to stick in college for most of them?  Go to the pros and start immediately and start making some money.  College football is going to have some lean years as far as competition goes if they lose a season and there is a mass-exodus.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, I don't think the extra year of eligibility will matter for most.

This is correct.

Even if you blanket give everyone an extra year of eligibility, you still have the 85 scholly rule. All the extra year of eligibility means is you have 5 classes pushed into 4 (or 6 if you count redshirts), which just ends up with coaches having to process 20 more guys.

No matter what you do at the end of the day somebody gets screwed.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is correct.

Even if you blanket give everyone an extra year of eligibility, you still have the 85 scholly rule. All the extra year of eligibility means is you have 5 classes pushed into 4 (or 6 if you count redshirts), which just ends up with coaches having to process 20 more guys.

No matter what you do at the end of the day somebody gets screwed.

I’ve seen quite a bit of speculation that if there’s an extra year of eligibility that the 85 scholarships will be raised as well. 

Just now, winitall said:

I’ve seen quite a bit of speculation that if there’s an extra year of eligibility that the 85 scholarships will be raised as well. 

Then instead of mass transfers because kids gets processed you'll have mass transfers because kids won't start. It doesn't matter if a school has 15 OL or 19 OL if only 8 of them ever play.

26 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If y'all had been mentally preparing for this for months like I had, you wouldn't even be upset about what's inevitably coming our way. Tried to warn ya!........ goddammit

if you had bo nix on your team you might even be happy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If y'all had been mentally preparing for this for months like I had, you wouldn't even be upset about what's inevitably coming our way. Tried to warn ya!........ goddammit

I've been preparing myself for this as well.  Just wish that they would have done this weeks ago instead of drawing it out.  

• Like 1

Follow-up on the B1G rumors and the tweet from the 24/7 owner

Commissioners of the Power 5 conferences held an emergency meeting on Sunday, as there is growing concern among college athletics officials that the upcoming football season and other fall sports can't be played because of the coronavirus pandemic, sources told ESPN.

Several sources have indicated to ESPN that Big Ten presidents, following a meeting on Saturday, are ready to pull the plug on its fall sports season, and they wanted to gauge if commissioners and university presidents and chancellors from the other Power 5 conferences -- the ACC, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC -- will fall in line with them.

Sources told ESPN that a vast majority of Big Ten presidents have indicated that they would vote to postpone football season, hopefully to the spring. A Big Ten official confirmed to ESPN that no official vote took place during Saturday's meeting, but the presidents are set to meet again Sunday night.

Read More: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29629669/power-5-talking-no-fall-football

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

if you had bo nix on your team you might even be happy

You've made me a huge Nix fan, no gonna lie. I want him to succeed just to see your reactions. But I could never be happy if college football isn't happening lol. I'll wait until spring. March Madness and football? I'm in